Chapter 1

*

Year: Autumn 2018

-At the airport-

"Come on. Where is she?" IU moves her head to the side to see better.

IU then smiles brightly as she saw Anna walking in with her luggage's. Anna then took off her glasses and she spots IU jumping up and down as her hand was waving in the air. Anna quickly ran towards her and she hugs IU tightly.

"I've missed you so much girlie." IU says.

"Me too! I'm so glad to be home." Anna then un-hugs her.

"Miss Choi?" Her bodyguard interrupts them by coughing really loudly.

"Yes?"

"I just received a call from your father and he wants you to meet him at his law firm. It's very urgent."

"Right now? But I've been waiting for so long to hang out with IU." Anna says.

"I'm terribly sorry Miss. It's your father's rules. I'm just obeying him." He bows down.

"We can hang out another time. Besides, my agency told me that I have to attend a press conference in a couple of hours." IU says.

"I'll call you then. Thanks for waiting for me." Anna says.

"Would you like me to drive you to work Miss IU?" The bodyguard asks her.

"No thanks. I ordered an Uber." She bows down and walks off.

-Several minutes later-

"Sir? Your daughter is here to see you."

"Thanks. Now leave."

The employee bows down and Anna enters the office.

"Have a seat." He says.

"How did you find out that I came back from Japan?" Anna asks him.

"I have my ways. Now let's talk about the real deal." He says.

"There's event I'm going to be holding an event soon, but I won't be able to attend it since I'm coming up with a huge case."

"What kind of event is it?" She asks.

"You seriously forgotten that it's almost the 30th anniversary of Choi Law Firm? How peachy." He says.

"I'm so sorry father."

"Anyways. Since I cannot attend my own event, I think it's best if we postpone it since I am busy dealing with a case."

"How long are you delaying it?" She asks.

"Until I am finished with the case. Which could take mouths. I have had everything planned out that night and because of a stupid case, I got to postpone my own event. What an embarrassment this is." He sighs.

"And why exactly are you telling me all this?"

"Because, whenever I'm finished with the case, I'm going to throw the event and when I hold that event by that time, I want you to be a full fledge lawyer!" He says.