Chapter 13

*

It was finally Friday afternoon and the Choi family was enjoying their dinner in silence. If someone drops a small pin, it can be heard from another nearby room so perfectly.

It was all so quiet until someone decided to open their mouth up, and decided to kill the vibe around the dinning room.

"So? When are you taking the exam? Already have decent enough knowledge to pass a simple exam?" Her mother breaks the silence.

Anna groans loudly as she rolls her eyes all the way. Anna then looks at her father who was extremely unbothered by his wife's comment.

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that." Anna says quietly.

"Look at you. Leaving all your problems for later. What a nuisance." Her mother scoffs.

"Don't worry mom. I won't be a nuisances to you. At least for a week!"

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"Oh. You haven't found out? I'm sure it's because you you worry more about your plastic surgery then your own daughter." Anna replies with pettiness.

"In 2 weeks, I'm going to Spain to model in Mrs. Lee's fashion show."

"What fashion show??"

"Mom? I thought you were a fashion designer! How come you don't know about these events?"

"You are getting on my nerves brat. If you think I'm going to let you go..."

Anna then interrupts her.

"I don't need your permission. I was just telling you all about it. I'm 25 years and you can't hold me back like when I was 15 mom." Anna says.

"I knew I shouldn't of spoiled you. Look at the brat. She thinks the world revolves around her." Her mother says.

"And don't worry father, when I get back from Spain, I'll study my ass off for the exam so I can finally move out of here as soon as possible. And never see you two ever in my life." Anna says.

"Whatever." He says.

"You know, I should of aborted you the moment I found out about you but your father stopped me." She rolls her eyes.

Anna acted like she didn't care about her mother's comment but that stung her more than a murder hornet stinging you.

It brought her self esteem down that she lost her appetite. Anna just grabs her plates and takes them to the kitchen without saying a word to her parents.

Anna washes the dishes and she she heads upstairs. She didn't feel like studying so she grabs a towel and her Bluetooth speaker.

She walks into the bathroom and looks the door and she takes off her clothes and starts showering. She was in deep thought while shampooing her hair.

Her mother's words really offended her that she couldn't hold in her own tears. She leans against the shower wall as she sits on the ground crying softly.

Anna was wondering when her relationship with her mother went downhill. She then remembered all the great times she had with her mother whenever she was a kid.