𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊.

𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐗 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐊.

i was heading to my new york apartment, and then from there percy and i would travel to camp together. he had an extra week off for winter break, and i was (finally) finished with my masters. 

"all set?" my dad asked, coming up to me, a box in his hands.

"yup," i nodded. i was going to spending christmas at camp, which meant dad and i wouldn't be together for the day. 

ever since new york, dad and i grew more protective of each other. this was the first time i was leaving him for so long. i didn't realize it was going to be this hard.

"here, your christmas present," he handed the box over to me. "don't open it until christmas morn — wait, actually open it now! can't wait to see the look on your face!"

i laughed a little. "okay, okay."

i ripped up the wrapping paper, before opening the box.

now my dad was pretty weird with his presents (i mean he tried to gift me the company once!), but this was probably his weirdest present yet.

it was a t-shirt.

an iron man t-shirt.

i waited for a few moments, unsure of what was really happening. a part of me hoped that this was just a gag gift, but the other part of me had a feeling this was the actual gif.

"well..." my dad prompted, nudging my shoulder.

oh. this was the real gift.

my dad had such a giddy smile on his face, i couldn't ruin the moment for him. the present was perfectly fine. a little weird, but fine.

i plastered a smile on my face and looked up at him, "i love it! now i can always remember your suit whenever i feel like it."

"i knew you'd like it," he grinned. "pepper said it was a stupid gift. ha! take that, pep!" my dad motioned to the house.

"oh lord," i muttered under my breath. i placed the shirt back in the box, and held it under my arm. closing the trunk, i called out to happy, "you're good to go, hap! i'll meet you at the airport."

"roger that," happy gave a two-fingered salute from the driver's seat.

happy wasn't technically my dad's bodyguard anymore (he didn't need one), but he still helped out when it came to it. 

"so, minnie," my dad started as i loaded the christmas present in the passenger seat of the stark 4.

"so, dad," i responded in the same tone.