𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙.

tony pov

tony pov

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌.

the billionaire watched outside the two-way glass, pepper holding his hand. pepper had been healed from extremis quickly, considering the smaller dosage they'd given to her.

but riley had been given seven doses, which made it harder to separate it from her bloodstream. when they started to do it, her heart rate began dropping, and an orb of energy glowed inside of her, threatening to take down the whole building, and everyone inside of it.

they'd been removing it in treatments, and today was the final day.

"mr. stark," a nurse said, holding a tray out. "i'm gonna need that."

tony flipped the device over in his hands. pepper squeezed her other hand, nodding at him slightly. riley had already agreed to it. there was no reason for tony to hold back.

if the gods decided to be kind, riley wouldn't even need it. it was just a precaution.

tony dropped it into the tray, and the nurse entered the operating room.

"it's only going to be temporary, tony," pepper reassured him. "you know that. and she agreed to it. they probably won't even need it."

tony didn't answer, watching through the glass as riley was placed under anesthesia. her eyes went glassy, before they closed.

his final treatment was a few hours ago. he was rid of the arc reactor, and the shrapnel. but as fate would have it, his daughter may need to depend on an arc reactor. modified so it could help control her powers. even though it was temporary, and may not be needed, it hit tony like a slap in the face.

he watched as they pumped fresh blood, a cleanser to remove extremis.

the operation continued, and it seemed to go well.

when they got to the final stage, the pale glow didn't come back. it was gone.

tony breathed a sigh of relief as they completely pulled extremis out.