𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒊𝒊.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐔𝐒

under other circumstances, i'm sure i would've been honored. but right now, it felt like they were leading us to our deaths more quickly.

some were injured, bandaged or bruised. but like terminus mentioned, none were armed.

it felt weird seeing families watching us. grandparents, aunt, uncles, parents, babies, it was a multi-generational community.

at the end of the crowd i noticed tyson and mrs. o'leary, giving the two a soft smile. normally, i was scared of dogs, but mrs. o'leary was an exception.

tyson waved back, grinning. he wore a giant spqr banner like a baby bib. the sight made my heart melt.

as we walked ahead, demigods parted from the other side to let her through.

she was dressed in full roman armor, and a purple cape. even without it, i could single her out as the leader. dark hair tumbled across her shoulders (i made a mental note to ask about her hair products) and her eyes were obsidian.

reyna.

i could feel confidence coming from her, but at the same time, there was a forced feeling to it. i could tell theo felt it too, because he cocked his head, examining her emotions more deeply.

i smacked his hand lightly, trying to tell him to cut it out.

luckily, he got my message.

i heard awed whispers around me. most of them saying jason's name. i heard one or two whispers about iron man, and i raised my chin defensively. 

and maybe i was imagining it, or maybe i heard it, but something that sounded like 'the brooklyn healer'.

then someone else came forward, and all my worries washed away.

there stood percy, grinning like an idiot as he saw me. his sea-green eyes practically glowed, and i could've sworn he looked even better than before.

reyna turned towards jason, "jason grace, my former colleague." she suppressed her emotions as she said that and i realized piper's suspicions had been correct. someone was waiting for him back home. she continued speaking, "i welcome you home. and these, your friends—"