𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊.

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

it started off different, though.

i was in some sort of room, and there was a giant tv screen in front of me. like seriously, it took up the entire wall. a grey screen was showing, and a staticky voice sounded from somewhere.

"hello?" i called out into the dream. "if someone's there, and you wanna show me something, i suggest you hurry."

the screen flickered before a closeup of someone's forehead showed.

"woah there," i started. "might wanna back up a little. you're reminding me of happy when he's around technology."

"sorry," a familiar voice said. "give me a second to work this — aha! is this better?"

i grinned at the person who was on the screen, "much better."

"my, my, riley aphroditeditter," thor said, shaking his head. "you have no idea how long it took to get me to contact you. heimdall wasn't showing me how to do it properly."

"sure," i drawled sarcastically. "anyways, what's up thor? haven't heard from you in a hot minute."

thor sighed, "nothing is up, riley, nothing. it's all very... down."

"thor," i said slowly. "what's wrong? you look... upset."

"i come bearing bad news," he said to me. "i've been trying to get ahold of you for quite a while, but there seemed to be some connection issues."

"that's probably just zeus," i muttered. "he ordered no communication between gods and their kids besides for claiming them. anyways, what's the bad news?"

"i tell you because you see him as a friend," thor told me. "and even though he would not admit to anyone besides himself, he saw you as a friend as well. you two grew close as you watched me and your father fight."

"loki?" i asked. "what happened to him? is he hurt? did he join the bad guys again?"

thor spoke in a somber tone, "loki is... my brother is dead."