𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒊𝒙.

theo pov

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌.

after theo let the greek fire go, he felt himself fall. leo's fingers fumbled with theo's, the two of them lacing them together as they neared the water. 

great. death by drowning, theo thought. out of all the ways he could've died, he wasn't expecting that one.

a boom ruptured around them as they hit the water.

theo's body barely registered the cold, and everything seemed to happed slowly. green fire lit up above the water, and he felt the heat of it, even down there.

his lungs burned, wanting oxygen. 

before he could open my mouth, a strange face hovered over him. 

it looked like chiron — same shaggy beard, same curly hair, and same intelligent eyes. the only difference was that his skin was the color of lima beans.

leo's grip on theo tightened, and the man pulled out a knife. he looked reproachful as he neared them.

then he blacked out.

theo woke with a gasp. 

his eyes took a minute to adjust to the dim light, and when they did, the first thing he realized was that he was in a cavern of some sorts. then he realized he was floating weightlessly. finally, he saw frank sitting in the corner.

he drifted upright, looking around the room. his eyes settled on leo's figure, floating in another corner of the room.

he made his way towards him. it felt like walking through jello. 

theo took his boyfriend's wrist in his hand, sighing of relief when he felt a pulse. brushing leo's hair back, he remained floating in the water next to him.

"how long have we been here?" theo asked frank, his voice sounding funny to his own ears.

"not sure," frank shrugged. "they took hazel a few minutes ago. now it's just us."

"everyone else is still on the ship?" he asked.

frank shrugged again, "they haven't told us anything. the fish-horse dudes."

theo sighed, running my hands through my hair.

"you — up on the ship," frank started, "when coach hedge said they were holding hands, you said, 'that's not what it is.' what did you mean?"

theo floated a little higher, "when we were in sickbay, i told leo to go upstairs. you and hazel are having relationship issues because of something to do with leo — the sammy person. i told him he should find out what's happening because it's important for us to stick together in this quest. hazel was explaining who sammy was."