𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒗.

―✧―

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄

i looked up above the acropolis, seeing black space spangled with stars, the palaces of mount olympus gleaming in the background. and an army of gods charged down from on high.

it was almost too much to process.

zeus rode down into battle in a golden chariot, a lightning bolt the size of a telephone pole crackling in one hand. pulling his chariot were four horses made of wind, each constantly shifting from equine to human form, trying to break free.

for a split second, one took on the icy visage of boreas. another wore notus's swirling crown of fire and steam. a third flashed the smug lazy smile of zephyrus. zeus had bound and harnessed the four wind gods themselves.

on the underbelly of the argo ii, the glass bay doors split open. the goddess nike tumbled out, free from her golden net. she spread her glittering wings and soared to zeus's side, taking her rightful place as his charioteer.

"my mind is restored!" she roared. "victory to the gods!"

at zeus's left flank rode hera, her chariot pulled by enormous peacocks, the sight of them making me blanch.

ares bellowed with glee as he thundered down on the back of a fire-breathing horse. his spear glistened red. suddenly, the chariots disappeared, and the gods stood next to us — human sized, but still radiating power.

with a shout, jason charged to battle.

we joined in on the carnage.

i stepped forward, attacking the princess lady giant. annabeth had given me my gloves, and the energy moved freely once again. i created energy whips, lashing out at her. my mother was in combat gear for once, a plethora of knives hidden on her. i cut off the giant's hand with my energy whip, and she threw a knife, embedding it in her other arm. the two of us continued, switching our hits.

around us, i could sense the other gods and my friends fighting, but it was all a blur. i was vaguely aware of the three fates beating thoon with large sticks, but i couldn't be sure i didn't imagine that.

"you will die!" the princess giant lady snarled.

"you're wrong," i grinned, letting my energy whips disintegrate. "you will die."

i clapped my hands together, bringing forth small but powerful streaks of energy, cutting her apart at the limbs. my mother threw a knife, embedding it in the giantess' forehead, and she disintegrated.

i was breathing heavily, the sounds of battle around us dying as well.

"you've done well," my mom said to me. "i'm proud of you, love."