𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊.

―✧―

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓'𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

one second, he was chanting to summon a fireball because their favorite ice princess khione appeared. the next, he was swatted through the air, now hurtling towards an island.

despite the fact that he had no idea what was happening or where the crew of the argo ii was, theo knew he had to slow his landing or else he'd go splat. he racked his brain, trying to think of an incantation, but he was falling to fast. 

well, fine then. if he couldn't slow his fall, maybe he could cushion it.

"pulvinare," he chanted, green-grey magic shooting out of his hands and towards the shore of the island.

the ground didn't look softer, but theo had no time to try another incantation. his eyes shut as he hurtled towards the island. 

he felt like a cartoon, rolling over and coughing up sand as he landed. at least his cushioning incantation worked.

"oh mes dieux," he coughed up sand, making a face as he wiped it from his tongue. "what the actual heck is going on here?"

he got up, stretching up his arms, a little surprised that he hadn't broken any bones. theo looked around, unsure of where he was. the island looked pretty empty, which was a little weird. the water was nice and blue and the temperature was ideal for a resort. he was pretty sure he could find a waterfall if he actually scoped out the island.

"okay, first step: call the argo ii," he muttered to himself. "someone'll come get me, and then i can finish my dino nuggets en paix."

theo was so interested in making plans to finish his food, he hadn't noticed the girl standing on the shores and crossing her arms until he almost walked into her.

"woah!" he stepped back. "sorry about that, i didn't see you there."

the girl wore a sleeveless white greek-style dress with a gold braided belt. her hair was long, straight, and golden brown. her face was milky pale, with dark, almond-shaped eyes and pouty lips. she looked maybe fifteen — though theo knew well enough by now that that meant absolutely nothing.

the girl stared at him, her mouth falling open as she tried to form words.

"i'm theo," he introduced himself. "do you have a phone?"

"a phone?" the girl repeated, blinking.

"yeah, a phone," he nodded. "you know, the thing you use to call people. does this island even have cell service?"

the girl looked utterly confused, and theo realized that there was no way she was a mortal. she must've been some minor goddess who isolated herself from the world because she didn't like it anymore.