🥧 - nine

"mom i'm home." jaemin said while walking inside happily.

"the audacity to smile." mrs.na stood up and went to jaemin. she grabbed his earlobe and pulled it up.

"mOM tHAT HURTS."

"you deserve it. you let renjun come back home alone with a mask on because he kept sneezing. what kind of person are you?"

"i was meeting someone and when i came back, i couldn't find him anywhere. he didn't even pick up his phone, so i assume he's home already."

"your assumption is correct but the poor kid was not home fine. he is now sick. good job jaemin."

"he's sick?" jaemin was about to go upstairs but his mom stopped him by pulling his bag.

"don't even bother going to him. you're sleeping on the couch downstairs tonight because renjun doesn't want to see your face and neither do i." she said that and walked upstairs leaving jaemin alone.

"MOM" he shouted but his mother was not having it at all.

———

jaemin laid down in the big couch while looking through his phone at night after he finished eating and watching the tv.

he sighed and went to his contact wanting to know if his boyfriend has texted him or not. he felt disappointed as he saw no notification from the boy, but instead his eyes landed on the other person's contact name.

- imessage -

renjun💀

jaemin:
hey are you asleep now?

renjun:
yes i am

jaemin:
haha funny

renjun:
stop bothering me

jaemin:
are you okay?
i mean your fever

renjun:
oh you do know how to ask
these kind of questions
how surprising

jaemin:
🙄

renjun:
im not dead yet and
not going to be very soon
if you're curious

jaemin:
hey

renjun:
what now?

jaemin:
i'm cold

renjun:
and?

jaemin:
don't you have a heart or something?
bring me a blanket

renjun:
no
freeze to death
thats what you deserve for making
me wait all evening

jaemin:
renjun
renjun
renjunnnnn

jsemin sighed and pit his phone away trying to make himself fall asleep.

meanwhile the older who's lying on a comfy bed upstairs sat up on the bed looking at his phone. he was actually debating whether he should go bring jaemin a blanket or not.

he decided to wait about half an hour to assume that the younger was sleeping, so he brought one of the blanket in this closet and went downstair, oh and not before putting on his mask to prevent spreading the "fever" he's having.

he walked quietly making sure the younger stayed asleep. he stopped as soon as he reached the couch and stared at the sleeping boy in front him.

the two toned hair boy sat down on the floor facing jaemin's soundly sleeping face. he smiled to himself then got up and slowly put the blanket on the younger's body. while he was doing that, he felt two hand grabbing his waits and pull him down onto the couch. he tried so hard to moved himself from the other's arms around him but nothing worked.

"jaemin are you awake?" he said quietly while tapping jaemin's chest.

no response.

he stayed there with his head on jaemin's chest. he decided to let the other go back to sleeping soundly again before escaping. however, he did not successfully escape as he planned, because he also fell asleep as well.

jaemin on the other hand, formed a smile on his face and went to sleep for real.

haha yeah he was not sleeping the whole time. he did not fall asleep at all. he was completely sober.

———

renjun woke up in morning because of the sound of giggling and cameras clicking. he opened his eyes and waited until the blurry vision faded away. he sat up immediately as soon as he saw two women smiling at him.

"mom. auntie."

"oh haha sorry to interrupt your peaceful sleep renjunnie but it's almost time for school now." jaemin's mom spoke.

renjun took a glance at the sleeping jaemin next to him and stood up.

"it's not what it looks like. i-"

"love is so beautiful. my son has grown up now. look at him. he even slept with a mask on the whole night just for some cuddles." his mom said.

"i'll go get ready now." renjun said and ran upstairs.

- 🥧 -