🍬 - twenty three

"what are you doing?" renjun asked jinny who just ran downstairs in a hurry trying to look for something but the girl just ignored him.

renjun walked out of the kitchen to her and pulled something out of his pocket. it was the envelope.

"are you looking for this?" the older asked and jinny immediately turned around.

she came to renjun and snatched the thing from his hand about to leave without saying a word until she heard something.

"when is the graduation ceremony?"

she turned back to the older and widened her eyes.

"you read the letter?" she looked furious.

"i didn't mean to."

"oh so you're saying you accidentally opened the envelope and read the letter?"

"okay i admit that was wrong, i'm sorry and i'm sorry for making you uncomfortable living here."

"don't bother." jinny rolled her eyes and walked upstairs again bumping to jaemin who was walking down clueless.

she ignored him and continued running upstairs.

"what's wrong with her?" jaemin spoke while reaching renjun who was standing there expression less. the younger placed his hand on renjun's right cheeks and bent to look at him.

"renjun?"

the older's soul finally went back to his body. he smiled and held jaemin's hand.

"are you feeling alright? do you get headaches?"

"i'm fine. don't worry." the younger said bending down to give renjun a peck.

"let's eat first then."

they sat down and started eating. renjun suddenly paused and jaemin looked up.

"what's wrong baby?"

"about jinny."

"what about her?" jaemin asked with a confused face.

"she dropped a letter last night and i took a look at it. she said she doesn't like living with us because she doesn't feel welcome and i kinda feel bad about it." renjun looked down at his food after speaking.

"i'll talk to her."

"there's something more."

"what is it?"

"i think her graduation ceremony is coming soon and she has no one to go with her since you dad is not here."

"huh? graduation? here?" jaemin got even more confused. he suddenly got up and about to leave the table but renjun held his hand.

"jaem."

"it's okay. i'll talk nicely with her." he smiled and walked upstairs to jinny's room.

he knocked on the door and a minute after, the door was opened revealing the ? year old girl.

"what are you doing here?" the younger looked so annoyed.

"can we talk?"

"don't tell me your friend told you about my letter."

"yeah."

she rolled her eyes and closed her door but jaemin put his hand through it until he got squished by the door and the door frame. jinny opened the door again after hearing jaemin moaning in pain.

"are you crazy?"

"we really need to talk." jaemin said with a serious tone.

jinny was hesitating and took a deep breath.

"come inside." she said that and stepped away from the entrance.

she sat on her bed and jaemin sat down on the chair next to her study desk.

"tell me the truth. when is your graduation ceremony?"

she stayed quiet and looked away.

"na jinny." jaemin raised his voice a bit.

"tomorrow." she finally answered.

"weren't you studying in the US? why are you graduating here?"

"studying in the US? what do you mean? i never even stepped a foot in that place. only dad went there, not me."

jaemin furrowed his eyebrows.

"i don't understand. tell me about it. everything."

jinny looked at jaemin.

"why would you wanna know about my life? it's none of your business."

"tell me or i'm not leaving."

she sat straight and looked so furious.

"fine. i was born here and my parents left me with my grandma. they went to the US. i've never even seen the face of my own mother. it's only dad who visited me, that's why i like him. he comes every year for my graduation ceremony and he always treats me like a princess. unfortunately, my grandma passed away a few days ago. i have nowhere to be because dad sold the house that me a grandma lived. that's why he took me to you. i don't think he'll take me out very soon." she looked down.

"what do you mean by that? and about the letters. why did you bring it back home? don't you want him to come to your graduation party?"

"i... i saw him this evening when i was on the way to deliver the letter. he is here. he's not going to another city for business. he is here with a young woman..." she suddenly started crying.

"he abandoned me."

jaemin felt his heart clenched. his dad used him. his dad never actually care about his business. he only cares about himself. he looked at jinny and felt really bad for her. he sat on the bed next to the girl and pulled her in for a hug.

"i'm sorry for the way i treated you. i wasn't aware of what was happening. i have a completely different story about dad. i can't believe they're all lies." jaemin said and felt his shirt being soaked by the tears coming from jinny.

"you can stay here as long as you want. i'll go to your graduation party tomorrow and i'll pay for your college as well. stop crying and take a rest." he pulled away from the hug.

"i don't need your pity." the girl spoke and jaemin sighed.

"we're on the same boat right now jinny. we're all lied by dad. you share at least half of the same blood with me. if i don't help you, who will?"

jinny stayed quiet and jaemin shool his head.

"just rest. you have an important day coming tomorrow." jaemin said and left her room.

- 🍬 -