🍫 - sixteen

maid: ma'am? something happened.

jm's mom: what's wrong?

maid: they're-

jm's mom: say it.

maid: if i'm not wrong, i think they cuddling with each other while watching the tv in the living room ma'am. should i be scared?

jaemin's mother laughed.

jm's mom: no you idiot. i actually saw that coming. just continue doing your work and leave quickly. let them have their moments.

———

"i'm going to class now." renjun leaned in for a peck on jaemin's lips and removed his seatbelt then got out of the car.

jaemin pressed his lips together like he just finished applying some lip balm on and smiled. he got off the car and saw jisung closing his car door as well. jisung turned around and got surprised by jaemin's appearance.

"oh good morning hyung." said the younger.

"why are you always parking your car next to mine?" jaemin said having his hands on the hips.

"it happened thrice not always. don't be so dramatic." jisung rolled his eyes.

"did you just-"

jisung knew what was coming and about to run but this time jaemin got him. jaemin pulled the younger by his back collar.

"hyung please don't kill me. i cannot die. i'm just a little boy, who is just so in love with his boyfriend. i can't leave him alone. you won't understand it."

"boyfriend..." jaemin mumbled and jisung nodded.

"yes boyfriend. it's when you love somebody so much and they love you too, so you just have to confess and make it official and put a label for your relationship. then boom, boyfriends."

jaemin let go of jisung and pushed him a bit.

"i know what boyfriend is." jaemin said and jisung just walked away while laughing.

———

"hey"

renjun stopped on his track and closed his eyes annoyed as he recognized the voice. he slowly turned around and saw seojin standing with her arms crossed.

"what do you want?" renjun ask with a straight face.

"what is your relationship with jaemin again? are you sure you're not together with him or something?"

"it really is none of your business. how many times do i have to remind you that?"

"i like him. of course it is my business."

"i'm so tired of you. stop following me or people will say you like me instead of jaemin." renjun sighed in annoyance and walked away.

"hey! we're not done talking yet." seojin shouted but renjun just pretend to not hear it.

———

"what's wrong with him today?" chenle whispered to haechan who was sitting besides him.

"i don't know. he's been wearing this frown face since the class started." haechan replied and took a bite of his sandwich.

a few minutes later, jaemin and jeno arrived. they sat down and jaemin furrowed his eyebrows after seeing renjun's gloomy face.

"renjun what's wrong?" jaemin asked and renjun didn't answer him.

"renjun?" jaemin asked again and renjun finally looked up from his food.

"it's nothing. stop asking."

the other guys were just unhelpfully looking at each others while jaemin was trying so hard to figure out what happened. he also has his mind on what jisung told him in the morning about... boyfriends.

the word boyfriend sounds so good... with only renjun of course. it's been bothering him the whole time as well because renjun. is. not. his. boyfriend.

how do i ask him? he thought and took a quick glance at renjun who was sitting in front of him again before continued eating his meal.

———

"renjun, can you tell me what's wrong? you've been like this for a day now." jaemin asked while walking inside the house with the older.

renjun didn't asnwer him, so jaemin walked to him and wrapped his arms around the older's waist from behind with his chin on renjun's shoulder.

"what did i do wrong baby? tell me."

renjun sighed and answered.

"seojin came to me again this morning."

"that's why you're mad?"

"yes? it's been a couple weeks now. she won't let me go." renjun said in annoyance.

"and also,"

"she asked me what's my relationship with you." renjun removed jaemin's hands from his waist and turned to face him.

"and what did you tell her?" jaemin asked.

"i didn't tell her anything because i don't have a right answer to it and i've been thinking for a whole day now, what's my relationship with you? we sleep together, eat together, go to school together and we kiss every time, but what really is our relationship? because i believe friends don't act like that."

renjun ranted, making jaemin stood there speechless. he also questioned all of these as well and he planned to ask renjun out very soon but he felt bad for not doing it sooner until renjun has to come at him with all of it first.

"renjun i-"

jaemin hasn't finished his words but renjun cut him by calling his name and held his hands.

"so, na jaemin."

"do you wanna be my boyfriend?"

"huH?"

- 🍫 -