6

"Do you not understand what you've done?" Your father shouted, his voice echoing across the room.

"My disappearance was for a good reason, father, I've come back with more knowledge on how to win this war" you tried to explain.

"That may be good but our allies are questioning our power and maybe reconsidering our partnership" your father continued. "General Aegeus already wasn't fond of this, especially not now. And obviously, we have a king here too"

"By the looks of it King Technoblade doesn't seem to mind it too much and I'm sure I'll get General Aegeus on my side once I show them some of the ideas I have. I wanted to let you know that I went to the overworld and had a good chat with our friend Phil, he's doing well, by the way. Now, if that's all, I would like to leave and prepare for war" you finished. Your father rolled his eyes and waved a hand to dismiss you.

You spun on your heel and stormed out of the room. You were about to head straight to the meeting room where Technoblade and Aegeus would be waiting for you until you remembered you needed your notebook that had all of your and Phils plans. You quickly ran across the fortress to your room and searched your bag for it. Luckily it was near the top you grabbed it and sped walked to the meeting room.

You quickly found the room and saw a blaze guard stationed at the door. You paused before entering and spoke to the guard. "Don't allow anyone else in until this meeting is done". The guard nodded in response and you pushed open the dark oak door. The meeting room was a small room with a Blackstone floor and nether brick walls. In the centre of the room was a small red carpet with a circular table above it. On one of the walls was a grand fireplace that hadn't been used in years and the corner of the room was a piano that you had spent your childhood playing.

In front of the table was where you saw Aegeus and Technoblade. They seemed to be in some sort of heated argument since Aegeus was angrily staring at Technoblade with a finger pointed at him as Techno stood with his arms crossed, not bothered at all.

"Did I arrive at a bad time or..." you started.

"No, no. Please, come and sit. We have a lot to go over" Technoblade said, moving to take a seat at the table. Aegeus rolled his eyes and followed in suit, taking the seat opposite Techno. You shook off what you just saw and took the seat in between them.

On the table was a large, detailed map of the area where the battle would be taking place. Above it were plenty of pieces of paper with statistics and such written on them. "So, where shall we begin"

"Is the king not joining us?" Technoblade asked.

"Not that I'm aware of, no. He showed no interest in joining these meetings" you answered, flicking through your notebook. You heard Aegeus mutter something under his breath but you decided to ignore it for now. "If I'm correct, you have a few battalions already stationed around the area, correct?" You asked no one in particular.

"Yes, we have three stationed, here, here and here" Technoblade responded, pointing to areas on the map.

"I would recommend either adding more battalions or changing the positions as if the Wither Skeletons come from this direction.." You began, trailing your fingers down a hidden route "your Pigmen will be overwhelmed and by the time the other two battalions arrive, it will be too late". You explained in detail all of the secret tunnels and routes that the Wither Skeletons were aware of and suggested that you use the caves and passages that they didn't know of.

Once you had suggested that idea, Aegeus scoffed at you. You looked up at him, as did Technoblade, confused as to what he did that for.

"I'm sorry is there a problem?" You said, slightly amused.

"Yes, there is actually" Aegeus began before Technoblade him off.

"Aegeus, no" Techno let out, his voice cold and stern.

"With all due respect, your highness, I would love to hear what he has to say," you laughed. You watched as Aegeus stood up, slowly inching towards you. As a result, you also stood up, a hand quickly rushing to rest on your waist, close your sword.

"My problem" he began "is that you expect me to take orders from you, a woman. I doubt you know what war is like. How am I supposed to trust you with my hundreds of thousands of men?"

"I can assure you, in my years of being part of the army, I have been on my fair shares of battles, the majority against the Wither Skeletons so I know how they fight and their most likely moves" you tried to explain.

"Oh please, I would not be surprised if you were found hiding in a cave after the war. You are weak and pathetic. War is no place for such a fragile woman" Aegeus laughed.

"General, I suggest you watch your tongue before I cut it off" you laughed back.

You weren't sure what happened next but the next thing you knew, Aegeus had his hand around your throat and had thrown you against the wall, lifting you. His red eyes showed bitterness and wrath.

"Aegeus, what in gods name are you doing?" Technoblade shouted across the room.

"She's going to get us all killed" he screamed back. At this moment, you wrapped one of your legs behind Aegeus' knees and pulled inwards, causing him to fall to his back. In that split moment, you pulled the sword from your sheath and pointed it at his throat.

"As I said, watch your tongue or I cut it. I'm here to end a war, not start another" you ended before returning to your seat at the table.

For the rest of the meeting, Aegeus only talked about his army.