27

You remembered this path. You once walked it with your father many years ago when he was taking you on a walk, which he used to disguise the fact that it was actually a lecture. You remembered his words very well that walk. He had been scolding you for letting your rage be the reason for an outburst during a training session. You were still a regular footman. You had been training with a few others when one of them made comment towards you, saying something rather rude about how you would never survive a war due to your 'fragile femininity'.

He ended up limping out the room with a broken nose.

And sure, maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to punch the man directly in the face before kicking him to the floor but he deserved it. But your father didn't think the same. And so, he took you on a walk and taught you how to control your anger. It didn't work.

You thought to yourself as you marched your soldiers, wondering which walk you preferred better. You remember how ashamed you had felt after the 'talk' with your father and you wondered if you would rather do that again or lead your men to their death. You had to admit, you would rather die than have to go through your father's disappointment again, but when you had other people's lives on the life, you supposed you wouldn't mind having to.

But that's not what you had to be thinking about. Your boots crunched against the Netherrack, thousands of Piglins, Pigmen, and Blazes alike all fighting a common enemy- following you into battle. Technoblade and Aegeus walked by your side, each one wearing matching Netherite armour crafted by master hands. Technoblade's head was lowered, his shoulders somehow wider as he walked, eyebrows furrowed while he marched. Aegeus walked with more grace rather than fury, his posture straight and correct, his chin held high and his hand held on the hilt of his sword at all times. The two were practically opposites when walking and it seemed you were the perfect mix of both of them. You posture was somewhat correct but just slightly off, you kept your chin low but eyes up, looking through your lashes as any movement, and your hand remained on your hilt.

You silently sighed, looking at your surrounding and noticing you were getting severely close to where the battle was being held. You were on the bottom of a small hill, with the skeletons and the field being directly on the other side of it. Just a few more blocks ahead and you'd see the skeletons.

You decided now was a better place than any to separate your troops and send them to their correct placements. You began to slow down, just barely, and lifted an arm, signalling your troops to stop. From behind you, you heard the thousands of footsteps stop almost immediately. You spun on your heals and stared at the hundreds of pairs of eyes that were visible, reciprocating the stare.

You felt extremely small under their glare but if you let them know that, this wouldn't go well. So, you fixed your posture and lifted your chin up.

"It is time. The dreaded countdown has ended. We stand just steps away from the battlefield and I must say I have nothing but pride when I look upon you. They are outgunned, outmanned, and outnumbered," you began, raising your voice so as many soldiers could hear you as possible. "And to those who doesn't believe this is possible or don't believe they are strong enough to get through this, remember that real power, real strength doesn't come to those who are born with it. No, it comes to those who have done everything and anything to achieve it. You have all gone through months and years of vigorous training. There is nothing that can defeat all of us"

And with that, you began to send off certain divisions in different directions to earlier discussed placements. Your intention was to flank them as a first move whilst your archers and long-distance shooters stood on the mountains and cliffs above, shooting down the main troops of skeletons in the centre. Aegeus had been sent to the left flank whilst Technoblade went to the right, leaving you in the centre. You prayed that this would work.