19

Soon after the whole ice skating fiasco, you and Technoblade had come to the realization that you had to head back to the Nether to prepare for the ball which would be happening all rather quickly. A part of you wanted to stay here, to hide away in the Overworld away from the wars that raged on in the hell-like dimension but you knew you couldn't. You had friends and family to protect and you couldn't let them down. Not now.

You and Techno had gathered your small amount of things before saying your sorrowful goodbyes to the group, once again apologizing for butting into their gathering the previous day before departing. Eret had let you know that they would be finishing your dress and sending it off to you within the next few hours which made some of your stress wash away. You weren't particularly sure how they would send it to you but you did not doubt that they would find a way.

To make your journey home far easier, Phil had given you half his stock of ice resistance potions along with the recipe and how to recreate the potion for further use meaning that future exhibitions and missions into the overworld would finally be possible. You gladly took these before saying yet another woeful goodbye that caused a few tears to be shed, though, you promised that if you made it to the end of the war, you would contact him in some way. Sure, it was a rather pessimistic way to look at life but if you expect disappointment, then you can never really get disappointed.

You now tiredly trod through the thick snow of the tundra, making your way towards the Nether portal with Technoblade walking a few feet ahead. Every few moments he would look over his shoulder to check on you. You weren't sure if it was to make sure you were still there or if it was to make sure you were safe and the cold wasn't affecting you in any way, but either way, it still made your heartbeat just that much faster. 

Now that you thought about it, the actions Technoblade had been doing towards you had been leaving you more flustered and awkward than ever before. The thought of this alone made a heat rise to your face so you quickly threw the thought away and decided to make conversation with the Pigman king walking in front of you.  

Though, your mind didn't seem to be working correctly and you felt like you lost the ability to speak. Your jaw opened, yet no sounds managed to escape it. So, you shut your mouth and continued to walk in silence, trying to distract yourself with anything and everything possible. To say that you felt extremely awkward and uncomfortable was an understatement. You began to fidget intently with your hands, twiddling your thumbs and picking skin. That was until you heard the familiar monotone voice calling out for you. 

"Hey, Y/n?" Techno called out, turning around and walking backwards. 

"Hmm? Yes?" you responded with a questioning look, your hands falling to your sides before you ultimately shoved them into your cloak's pockets. 

"Earlier, you said if I asked you any questions, you would gladly answer them and it seems that you're not enjoying the silence. So, may I?" he inquired, still walking backwards, almost stepping on the back of his red cloak making you slightly apprehensive, ready to see him take one wrong step and fall to the ground in a tumbling heap.

You hesitantly nodded, giving Technoblade the courage he needed to begin to question you, wanting to fill the silence with something other than the crunch of snow beneath you.

"Do I have permission to question you rather intensely? You obviously don't have to answer any of my questions, yet, I want to make sure I have permission to ask questions that may be of a sensitive topic, such as your mother" Techno asked again, causing a sweet smile to creep up onto your face. It was nice to know that he actually cared about you and how some is the questions could affect you.

"Of course, ask whatever you wish. Though, I can't promise that I'll know or remember the answers to some" you answered, looking up into Technoblade's eyes with a heartwarming smile on your face.