8

The next two days of meetings with the generals had been very much the same with Lord Technoblade having a solution to most problems along with you having many other ideas and Aegeus silently sulking in the corner. On occasion, either you or Technoblade would ask Aegeus a question and he would mutter a quick response. He really wasn't much of a talker after you had pinned him to the ground.

The meetings seemed to go fine until day four. Day four was when all hell broke loose, almost literally.

You and Technoblade were standing by the round table, pointing at sections of the map discussing where to place more battalions to guard the area, Aegeus was nowhere to be seen. The meetings had taken place at the same time every day so for him to not show up was odd, yet war awaited no man so you began without him. Ever since your time on the dock, Technoblade had become more relaxed around you causing you to have a better dynamic when planning.

Technoblade was speaking about what he knew of the Piglin's armies since Aegeus wasn't there to tell you when a loud crash was heard from outside the meeting room. The second the both of you heard it, the two of you turned to face the door, hands on the handle of your swords. You turned to look at Technoblade and he slowly nodded at you, a silent agreement to slowly make your way to the possible danger.

Slowly, you crept up to the door, pulling your sword out of its sheath further and further. You gently placed your hand on the door handle, your sword now fully out the sheath, resting in your hand, the enchanted netherite glistening in the sunlight emitting from the windows behind you. You take in a final deep breath before swinging the door open.

Expecting the worst, you lifted your sword only to see Aegeus with his sword pointed at the guard stationed at the door who was now lying on the floor, his sword thrown a few feet away. Once you realised the sight in front of you, you lowered your arm, releasing your breath, not realising you were holding it. Just as you went to speak, Technoblade pushed past you rushing to his partner.

"Aegeus? What has gotten into you?" Technoblade yelled, grabbing the weapon out of Aegeus' hand with ease.

Aegeus looked up at Technoblade, his eyes with black streaks within them and his skin slightly pinker than usual. He was drunk. And a mess. A drunken mess. His clothes were covered in mud and dirt, his belt half falling off him and his bone mask was nowhere to be seen.

"It's her fault. She's made me look like a fool" Aegeus groaned, pointing at you. You rolled your eyes, not surprised by this comment. "She's the fool, not me. She thinks she's so big and strong. She thinks she's better than me. Better than all of us! But she's nothing. She's just a scared little girl who runs at the idea of trouble. No wonder her father told us he is disappointed in her".

You looked at the Piglin in shock. Heat rising to your face as you try and comprehend what he just said. You were used to getting hateful comments from people but no one ever dared mention your father. Especially saying he was disappointed in you. You felt tears growing in your eyes causing your skin to sting and burn at the touch of the water. This was not the way you normally reacted. Your emotions were a mess, you were so good at covering them that this sudden urge to cry caught you off guard.

"Man, fuck you" you mumbled as you put your sword back in its sheath. You looked Aegeus in the eyes and noticed that he was pleased with himself. He was proud of what he said. He was satisfied with the way you reacted.

You shook your head, the pain of the tears rolling down your face getting worse and worse as the crying got heavier. You lifted your hands to wipe the tears away when you realised your skin was fading to a grey from the sudden contact with water.

This was not how you wanted to be seen. So, you ran to the first place you could think of: the training room. You pushed past Aegeus, perhaps a little too hard and knocking the drunk Piglin to the ground and ran through the hallways.