18

"Ok, no. This is absurd" you stated, crossing your arms as you looked between the four people who stood around the table. In the centre of the room, on the table, sat a small wooden box with its lid open, revealing a range of small glass flasks. Inside the flasks was a monochromatic, thick, blue liquid.

"But it's not. I've tested it. I've been working on it for months" Phil tried to reassure you, pointing at the desk then the mass amounts of paper that sat along with it with calculations and such written all over them.

"An ice resistance potion?" You inquired, your brows raising as you looked worryingly at the old man.

"Yes! Then we can go outside and you can take in the beauties of the Overworld" Phil carried on, a reassuring smile on his face. "And, we can go ice skating"

"Ice skating?" Niki questioned, her eyes going wide as a smile grew on her face.

"Wait, but isn't y/n drunk? Or, at least not sober?" Eret asked, their eyebrows furrowing as they looked between you and Phil.

"Eh, not really. The thing with Blazes is that we get drunk very easily but it doesn't last very long. Twenty minutes at most" you explained, shrugging your shoulders.

"So, what do you say?" Phil asked, a smirk on his face, already knowing your answer.

You audibly groaned before grabbing one of the flasks, popping off the cork on the top and bringing it to your lips. You cursed under your breath and immediately downed the entire bottle in a second, your face cringing as the thick liquid made its way down your throat.

"That was vile" you moaned as you wiped your lips with the back of your hand. "Now, please explain to me as to what the hell ice skating is"

In response, Phil, Niki and Eret all chuckled slightly whilst a smirk grew on Technoblade's face. This just made a scowl appear on your face as you groaned once again and spun on your heels, making your way out of the room and towards the front door of the cottage.

When you opened the door, you were shocked to feel no blast of cold wind whatsoever as you stepped outside, wearing only a button-up shirt, trousers and boots to protect you from the cold. The cold that didn't seem to exist. You stepped further out into the snow, not used to the strange feeling against your skin. It wasn't cold yet it also wasn't hot. Your skin felt like it was tingling whilst also feeling completely numb. It was a strange sensation, though, one you could very happily get used to if it meant you could walk around the Overworld with no consequences.

After a few moments of just observing the area around you, you heard the chatter of the four people behind you as they all exited the house, all wearing their winter cloaks. You felt severely underdressed around them yet you didn't want to have to wear your cloak. You wanted to enjoy the winter with nothing weighing on your shoulders, literally.

You crouched down to the ground, your hand instantly reaching out for the snow and scooping some into your hands. It was a very odd sensation. Regularly, any time you made physical contact with snow, you would be in immense pain as your skin slowly burnt out. Yet this time, you felt nothing but the strange consistency and texture of the snow. Your skin wasn't even changing hue. You felt like you were living a dream.

"How does it feel?" Phil asked from behind you, his hand coming to rest on your shoulder.

"Better than I ever thought" you simply answered, stuck in a trance.

"Wait until you try ice skating" Eret laughed as they walked past you, their steps making a soft crunch as they trod past you. You looked up to the group and saw they all held a pair of boots, all with a thin, sharpened blade on the base of it. As you analysed the expressions on their faces and the boots in their hands, you quickly concluded what ice skating was and how you were definitely going to make yourself look like an idiot. You already had a horrible balance, how were you meant to uphold it whilst on a slippery surface.