10

"No, Aegeus. If you place your men there, the Wither Skeletons can easily infiltrate through these three paths behind the mountain and ambush your men. They'd be roasted pork in seconds" you tried to explain, pointing to sections on the map.

"No, they won't! My men are strong. They can take on a few skeletons with swords" Aegeus scoffed back, leaning back in bus chair.

"Not when those swords are laced with the withering effect. Just a small scratch and that person is a goner, slowly withering away" you carried on. "Anyways, the skeletons are much taller, meaning they technically always have the high ground, making everything just that much more difficult"

"She's right Aegeus, a few hundred men can easily be taken by twenty skeletons if they're ambushed" Technoblade chirped in from the opposite side of the room. Ever since the night before, he seemed to be avoiding you in one way or another. Whether it was not wanting to sit near you or just not talking to you at all, it didn't matter. He barely acknowledged you.

For now, you didn't have time to worry about that. The war was in just over two weeks and you had gotten almost nowhere with the planning. So far, all you had decided was the archer's and fire throwers will be stationed above on the hills. That's literally it.

"Technoblade, don't tell me you're taking the weaklings side" Aegeus chuckled, gesturing towards you.

"Aegeus, she's not a weakling. She could probably take you in a fight" Techno groaned. Aegeus replied with something but you weren't listening. You were too busy staring at the map. Your eyes scanned the entire sheet. Something was wrong. You could feel it. But you couldn't tell what.

That's when it hit you.

You grabbed a corner of the map lifting it and knocking off all the small figures that represented battalions. The sudden movement attracted the Pigmen as they both turned to look at you.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Techno gently yelled. However, you didn't respond and instead, you marched out of the room, rolling the paper in your hands.

You ran through the hallways, taking twists and turns to find yourself outside the throne room. No doubt your father would be in there. So, you threw the grand doors open, making your entrance oh so grand.

"Father. When were these maps made?" You asked unrolling the map and showing your father them, a tone of panic laced in your tone.

"Those were charted a few years ago, why?" He replied, shocked by your urgency.

"Goddammit! The wither skeletons are bloody ahead of us!" You yelled, throwing the map to the ground.

"What do you mean?" Technoblade suddenly announced from behind you.

"They've got an advantage. This area of land could be completely different. They could have altered it" you tried to explain, not acknowledging Technoblade.

"Y/n, I highly doubt they could have changed that much in a few months" your father let out, flicking his wrist meaning he didn't want to hear anymore.

"No, father. You can't just send me away like you always do. I need updated maps immediately. They could have made new caves or discovered new ones or even blown up a mountain. I don't know!" You yelled, anger flooding around you as you realised your father didn't understand.

"There is no need. I can assure you that there has been no change"

"For goodness sake! My portal is supposed to be right there!" You screamed, pointing to a small, hidden cave under one of the cliffs "If any of the Wither Skeleton's have found it, the overworld is fucked!"

"Language!" Your father yelled back at you.

"Are you kidding me? Out of that entire thing I just said, that's what you picked up on? Not the fact that the Skeletons could be infesting the overworld but that I said a god damn swear word? Get your priorities sorted. I don't know how you ever made it as king. You're a coward" you said letting off a sardonic laugh. You spun on your heels, marching out the room, your shoulder bashing into Technoblade's and surprisingly, the movement made him stumble back.

You ran through the hallways once again, this time finding your way towards the fortress armoury. Luckily, that room was rather close to the throne room so you got there quickly. However, due to your anger, you didn't hear Technoblade's footsteps quickly approaching you.

You took another right turn and there, just a few feet in front of you was the large stone door that you used to hate. Your pace quickened and you reached your arm forwards, gripping the door handle but right before you got the chance to open it, Technoblade squeezed himself in-between the gap between you and the door.

You huffed and looked up at the hybrid, not realising how close the two of you were. Your breath hitched in your throat and you swore his cheeks were once again slightly pinker than the rest of him. You silently thanked the gods that you couldn't blush and took a step backwards to make this interaction far less awkward.

After a few seconds of just staring at each other with wide eyes as you both tried to catch your breath, only now realising you both technically ran here, Techno finally spoke. "What in God's name are you doing," he asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm sure you're aware of Odr, God of inspiration, fury, frenzy, and furious. Well, he seems to have granted me fury and furiousness" you said, crossing your arms.

"Ok. As much as I love hearing you talk about Norse Mythology, I can't let you do whatever you're about to" Techno declared, straightening his spine to appear intimidating. It didn't work. You knew him too well to find him scary now.

"Well, I kind of rule this fortress Techno. You don't really have an option" you scoffed.

"And I'm ruler of over half of the Nether. What's your point?" He scoffed back.

"My point is- wait....over half the Nether?!"

"Yes. I control the Pigmen and Piglins. Altogether they own over half of the Nether" he explained, a small smirk appearing from under his mask.

"Wow. That's pretty coo- wait! You're trying to distract me! Stop it! Let me in" you yelled, waving your arms around like a toddler.

"No, y/n" Techno said, not budging.

"Please. I just want something to protect myself in case things go wrong" you pleaded.

"You have 3 knives, 2 daggers, a machete and a sword on you right now. Is that not enough?" Techno laughed, another smirk playing on his face.

"I-....no?"

"Y/n. Go back to the meeting room" he instructed, crossing his arms once again trying to make himself seem more intimidating.

"Make me" you smirked, thinking you were winning.

"Very well" Techno mumbled. This surprised you but what he did next shocked you even more.

Just as you were about to ask him what that meant, he leaned over and scooped his arm under your knees, throwing you over his shoulder like you were a sack of potatoes.

"Technoblade! What the fuck?!" You laughed while trying to wriggle yourself out of his grip but failed miserably.

"You told me to make you, so that's what I'm doing" he replied nonchalantly as if this was a normal thing to do.

You role your eyes and groaned as you gave up and lied limp against the hybrids shoulder, appreciating the softness of his regal cloak.

The walk to the meeting room was surprisingly quick and when you were taken into the room you noticed Aegeus in the chair Techno had originally sat in at thr beginning of the meeting. He looked at you with a "what the hell?" expression and you just responded by shrugging your shoulders. Eventually, Techno placed you on a soft chair that sat in the corner of the room, not saying a word as he walked back towards the circular table in the centre is the room.

The rest of the meeting went by smoothly as the three of you somehow managed to get on while discussing what to do next. You swore Techno and Aegeus kept sneaking glances at you throughout it but you didn't may much attention to that.

There were lives at stake.