Chapter 12

James's POV:

"James!" Riley gasps when I pull her onto my lap right before she's about to take her seat. She giggles at the same time, though, and looks at me with a smirk. "You're an idiot, you know," she says.

"I'm your idiot, though, right?" I ask, staring at her features. She bites her lip and picks at her fingernails before a soft smile breaks upon her face.

"Shut up," she says, smirking.

She turns to face the screen but then burrows her head into the pit of my chest, relaxing in my arms as I held her firmly against me, her petite frame on top of me but warming me up as well. I use my index finger to play with a loose curl falling from out of the bun she had styled it in and I twirl the strand around my finger.

"Is it bad that we're dating when it's barely been a week since we met?" I whisper into her ear.

"No, of course not. This is our second date and if you go on dates with someone, then you're dating. We're not officially official just yet, but I'd say we're close enough to say we're together, wouldn't you?" she asks me, her hand gently placing over my arm. I don't say anything to that, just nod, but she tilts her head to the side after noticing how reluctant I seemed to be. "Are you okay?" she asks. "Did I say something bad?"

"No, Ri. It's alright," I tell her, kissing her on the forehead. She bows her head a little when I do so, but still looks worried and confused after I pull back.

"I do want to be with you, James, but we need to take things slowly. I don't want to rush into something whilst still getting over a break-up, that's all. I'm okay with the thing to do with your parents, but I think everything else we should take slow. I want to do this properly," she tells me, as if she could read my mind and understand exactly the reason why I had gone so quiet all of a sudden.

"Okay," I say, rubbing her back. "I get it." A family of four walk down the aisle Riley and I were sat on and then we keep quiet, not needing to talk about our relationship with other people listening.

The movie was a rom-com, and though most of the time I happened to be nowhere near interested in such films, I found this one rather intriguing and my eyes darted from Riley to the large screen in front of us on a repetend cycle. I just couldn't stop looking at her mesmerising beauty as she sat on top of me, her legs tangled with mine on the recliner and head rested over my chest. From time to time, I would occasionally steal a popcorn or two from out of the food bucket she held in her hands and she smirked every time I did so. But it soon got to the point where I couldn't help it and I had to say something.

"You're beautiful, Ri," I whispered to her, rubbing her arm with my hand. She looked up at me and smiled softly, blushing a little.

"Thank you," she says.

She looks like she's about to say more as her mouth opens but when our eyes connect, no other words escape her lips, and instead each of our heads move forwards slightly before she places her hands on my cheeks to pull me closer to her and our lips press together in a kiss. It was amazing. Spectacular. Extraordinary. It just felt special. We pull away after a couple of seconds and then she bites her lower lip, her cheeks pink as she looked down. I trace a finger over her spine.

"How was that?" I ask in a soft whisper. She looks up at me with a simper.

"I loved it," she tells me, before kissing me for the second time but this time was longer with more passion as we held each other close. "I'm over Aiden," she says when we pull back for her to get more comfortable in my arms. "I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you, too," I tell her before reaching down to kiss the top of her head, making sure to not spoil the style of her bun.

I barely watched the next parts of the movie. I was too-busy thinking about that kiss.

. . . 

a/n: sorry for the short chapter. I'll try to make them longer in the future x