Chapter 29

Riley's POV:

By the time it was Monday, I was back at Uni, within the corridors of Campus. James was back at his own university as he had to rehearse with the band for an upcoming gig they had planned for a wedding. As for me, I still had the project presentation to be working on with Aiden, Devon and Maya.

"Ri, wait up," I hear a voice say from behind me. Turning around as I was heading towards the library to study, I find Michelle running to catch up with me. As soon as she does, she places her hand on my shoulder and smiles at me.

"Hey, what's up?"

"How was your trip?" she asks. I hadn't spoken to the girls ever since I got back since James dropped me off here late last night when all three of them were sleeping. This morning, I then woke up before the rest of them to get some extra study hours in to partially make up for what I had missed. This was the first time I was seeing Michelle since I left last week.

"It was good. I really needed it," I chuckle. 

"That's great. Where are you headed to now?" she asks, beginning to walk alongside me through the hallways and corridors.

"The library. I'd much rather work on that stupid project on my own instead of with Aiden and his gang," I smirk. She laughs a little before stepping in front of me, stopping me from walking any further.

"What if I was to tell you you didn't have to work with Aiden and his gang anymore?" she asks, making me look at her with a raised eyebrow in extreme confusion.

"What do you mean? We can't switch groups, Michelle, trust me, I've tried. I spoke to Evan Dibley himself and he said no. Being one of his favourite students really doesn't do much favors, you know," I tell her but she rolls her eyes.

"Get over yourself, Ri. I spoke to him and managed to persuade him to let us switch. I'm with your group now and you're with mine," she tells me.

"For real?"

"Yes. Why would I lie to you?" she says, rolling her eyes at me. I smirk in her direction, nudging her before immediately pulling her into a tight hug. She was definitely the closest friend I've ever had. If there's ever been a time I mistreated her it was because of Aiden. I refuse to ever make the same mistake of hurting my loved ones because of a guy again. 

"Thank you," I whisper to her. She laughs a little, hugging me back until a few seconds later when we break apart.

"You're welcome. Now who do you think I would be if I was to let you go to the library to study alone?" she sneers, making me chuckle as she places a hand on my back and we walk in the direction of the said room to learn, chatting and smiling along the way. "What would you do without me, huh?" she teases.

"Honestly, I have no idea," I tell her.

As we're sat in the library opposite one another, everything was going well until I feel a light hand place on my shoulder and then hear the sound of Michelle clearing her throat. I look up at her face which was currently filled with scorn and resent. Confused, I look around me but as soon as I take a look at the hand on my shoulder which had a black ring slid down the middle finger, I bite my lip when I look up. Stood there, I find Aiden looking at me without a smirk so I immediately push his hand off of me.

"What do you want?" I ask him, scoffing at his face and looking down at my work. Michelle crosses her arms, leaning back in her seat as she keeps a watchful eye on him whereas I try my best to ignore him.

"I need to talk to you," he claims. Before I can say anything more, Michelle interrupts.

"About what? You made your bed, Aiden. I think it's best if you lie in it."