Chapter 49

Tw: sensitive topic, please read carefully.
(Also a slightly longer chapter)

Riley's POV:

@Riley..Carter: The best feeling is when you look at him . . . And he's already staring🥺❤️
Photos taken and put together by @Johns_musicc 
- - -
@James_V: Not my fault you're so beautiful❤️
- - -

"Sooo, where are we going?" I ask James as we walked down a path outside. It was already getting dark and cold which is why he had given me his jacket to place over my shoulders while we held hands.

"We are going to the riverside," he says, making me raise an eyebrow.

"You told me to dress up for a dinner though?" I inquire but the smirk on his face doesn't disappear.

"Exactly," he mumbles.

"What?"

"You will love it, trust me," he says, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. Smiling, I let go of his hand and curl into his side by wrapping my arms around his upper body instead, making him wrap one arm over my shoulders.

. . .

We get towards a bridge and James begins to smile even more widely as he wraps his arm around my waist to lead me up the tunnel. There was a staircase we had to climb to reach the lit-up tunnel then as we strolled through it, he remained silent, only making me feel more tense. Eventually, we get to the end where a little tree-house like den was set up with pillows and cushions and lights surrounding it. There was another bridge which led up to it so James gives my hip a tiny and light squeeze, pestering me to walk along and enter it.

"You're sure this bridge is sturdy, right?" I ask, making him chuckle as he rolls his eyes.

"Yes, Ri. I'm sure," he replies, making me laugh while I walk along the bridge before meeting the outdoor date night he had set up and I immediately smile, turning around to look at him.

 I'm sure," he replies, making me laugh while I walk along the bridge before meeting the outdoor date night he had set up and I immediately smile, turning around to look at him