Chapter 19

The two exchanged glances in silence as Oxford slowly sank into his seat of mourning. They were speechless. Even though the robot had no idea who Sion was, a stranger's death should always be respected. He figured, by the looks from Oxford, Sion was valuable.

"When did this happen?" Ray asked, scooting closer.

"Just hours ago, I think when we left the penthouse. He was found dead on his desk," Oxford further explained that the situation was currently being investigated. He even added that Sion was the first person to die in his team. Ray calmly gave his condolences when Oxford began to sniff, but he immediately cleared his throat, and all of the sudden, he jumped up and regained his composure, though it quickly faded away.

"Let's not ruin this trip!" said Oxford with strong, fake enthusiasm, "I'll see you two tomorrow. Get some rest. The princess and the queen plan to go swimming tomorrow. Oh and also, any expenses in this ship will be taken care of, so... spend away," then Oxford walked out of the room with Ray following him to the door.

Ray stood silently in the small corridor. He looked back at the robot with a confused and concerned look. What an odd way to start this trip. Oxford's mourn somehow affected Ray. He waddled back to his bed and tucked himself in, turning off the lights in the process. Hands resting on his chest, he stared at the ceiling, thinking of a way to take his mind off from the moment. That was when he asked if robots sleep.

The blue glow from the other bed moved across the wall and the ceiling and eventually landed on Ray. The robot's blue eyes appeared in the darkness.

"Not naturally, but we can still sleep, or hibernate..." he said, sliding his hands under his squashed pillows.

They remained quiet for a few more moments until the glow dimmed and Ray finally felt the need to sleep. In the middle of his slumber, he had a dream. His mind brought the moment of him being shoved by Sion near the glowing staff again. He never stopped thinking about it. And it even looked like he won't forget it, especially after the news. He always wondered for the reason behind it.

He woke up and found the room still gloomy as if Oxford's mood remained. Gently turning his head, he looked at the window with its curtains moved aside. He blinked a couple of times, rubbed his eyes. Did he wake up early? Did he really get any sleep?

Ray turned a little bit further, searching for those glowing eyes. He sat up rubbing his face while he stared at the digital clock. Seeing the time at five o'clock in the morning just answered his previous questions.

He yawned and grunted before tiptoeing his way to the bathroom, slowly shutting the door. He squinted on bright lights as he washed his face.

Sitting silently on his bed, bright hues began to emerge from the dark window. He was already wearing simple clothes when the sun twinkled over the blue horizon. He cupped his hands on his mouth as he let out another yawn.

Oxford came by, inviting him for breakfast with his family. Ray gazed over to Fier who was still asleep. He declined the offer. Oxford then suggested room service before quietly leaving.

Ray's bed creaked when he reached out for the telephone while grabbing the menu. He ordered breakfast via room service, of course, he requested to leave the trolley at the door.

Minutes later, a staff member knocked on the door. Ray brought the trolley next to his bed, facing the morning sunlight, and dug in.

Fier comfortably rolled to the other side where he found Ray crunching pieces of bacon. The scent from those plates filled the room. Ray took a bite from his hotdog while staring at the robot.

"Seems like you haven't slept for years," he said, wiping the ketchup from his lips.

Fier groaned and his eyes blinked softly. He asked Ray how long he was awake. Ray glanced at the clock.