Chapter 26

Cal glared down, his glow covered the entirety of Ray's paling face. He didn't speak immediately. He glanced into the large room made out of glass. The holograms floating near the desk shone bright with vivid colors and clear voices. One of which was dangerously familiar. He returned his gaze to Ray.

"What are you doing here?" asked Cal when sounds of marching came from the corridor.

"I was trying to give myself a tour around the facility, quite large really," answered Ray, keeping still despite seeing a pair of guards coming out from the hall, marching down the staircase.

Though, it apparently didn't change Cal's face. Cal explained that it was very odd for someone like Ray to be here even though the elevators didn't reach this far down. He even added that the only way for someone to get here was down the elevator shafts, where Ray came. Add the fact that this place was hidden on the map.

This sparked curiosity in Cal. But it wasn't just Cal who was having suspicions, Ray was having one as well. How did Cal know he was here out of all places? How did Cal even know this place existed if he claimed this was hidden?

The pair of guards stationed near the only way out. Ray kept his gaze at Cal who was waiting for his defense.

"Strange to see both of us here," said Ray nonchalantly. He kept his mouth shut when he thought about the chip in his pocket.

Cal knew what Ray meant to say. His eyes widened before swiftly turning around to the guards. Ray remained confusedly silent. Out of nowhere, Cal spun back around and kicked Ray on his chest, sending him back into the room, rolling across the floor, and hitting the console with his head.

Cal stomped towards him, the guards remained in their position. Ray grunted from the pain, it felt like his skull cracked like an egg. His vision blurred and spun around him. He could still see the hazy figure of Cal. He tried standing up but he was easily pinned on the floor when Cal kicked his stomach, then his head, nearly knocking him out. Ray coughed and wheezed. Strings of saliva sprung out.

Cal decided kicking him wasn't enough. He raised his right foot and smashed Ray's left leg with a loud crack. Ray squealed, veins protruding.

Ray heavily gasped on the floor as he stared at the gold feet. He knew fighting him was no good. It was metal versus flesh. He felt the freezing hands pressed on his face and lifted him, forcing to look at those golden eyes of death.

"This time, I'll make sure you'll die!" Cal delivered his final blow to Ray's face, sending the light out of him. His body laid unconsciously on the floor.

He summoned one of his guards and tasked it to take Ray away for good. He threatened the guard that he would execute him on the spot if he ever saw Ray's face again, whether outside or inside the facility. The guard nodded and Cal watched the body get dragged out. The two guards left him alone.

Cal gradually looked back to the room as he stood before the console, seeing the numerous, different videos scattered around. He had been working here for decades and yet he had never seen anything like this. He found this place a long time ago. He couldn't open the door despite trying to pry it open with their prying tools. Until now.

Thanks to Ray.

He removed Oxford's name on the search bar and placed his own. An evil grin grew on his face.

Ray regained his consciousness for a moment. He found himself sliding across the floor. No. Being dragged across the floor. He tried wiggling or weighing himself down to create friction, but it was impossible. His vision remained unclear as if he went out and had drinks with Oxford again. His vision blackened eventually.