1) The Beginning

There were two weeks left until the fateful day where you would board the famous train and begin your Hogwarts journey. However, today you were going Diagon Alley to buy your school things.

Y/N POV

"Y/N, come on honey you need to get up we're leaving soon." Mum yelled.

"5 more minutes." I groaned groggily

"No sweety, come on now, we've got a lot of shopping to do"

"Alright." I shouted, rubbing my eyes.

I walked into the bathroom and splashed my face to help wake me up. I then pulled on some trousers and headed downstairs where Mum was waiting for me with breakfast. I pulled two slices of toast off the plate and began looking for a shirt to put on.

"Remember to speak clearly so you go where you're supposed to"

"I know Mum. You think we'll see the Weasleys there?"

"Can't be sure, but it's not likely"

"OK" I replied.

Whilst looking for a shirt Mum came up behind me and wrapped me in a big hug. I could tell she was excited for me to finally go to Hogwarts, she might even be more excited than me.

"Are you excited?" she asked.

"Yeah, I can't wait!"

"I'm afraid you'll have to." she said. "Only a few weeks to go though.

I nodded and she handed me a shirt and vial of floo powder.

We both stepped into the fireplace and I quickly finished eating before saying "Diagon Alley". I stepped out and looked in awe at the shops which ran along both sides of the famous cobbled Street. It was even better than Mum or Dad had described.

Seconds later I felt a tug on my arm and Mum was stood beside me. She beamed at me and passed over a bag of galleons.

"That should be enough to get your wand." she said. "I'm gonna head to Flourish and Blotts to get your books"

"OK" I responded with a huge grin still on my face.

I headed towards Ollivander's and saw the sign reading 'Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC'. I knew that the Ollivander was meant to be the best and with that mucb experience in the family I'm not surprised.

The shop seemed to be empty but there was nothing to suggest it was closed so I pushed the door open and stepped in. Inside, shelves were stacked high with wands and they stretched all the way throughout the shop, creating towering wall.

"Mr Ollivander are you here?" I called out.

As I said this a man with a wrinkled face and wild white hair turned a corner approaching the front desk.

"Ah Master L/N, I've been expecting you for some time." the famous wand maker exclaimed.

"Uhh, how did you know who I was?" I questioned whilst looking at the man curiously.

"You share many similarities with your father, when he was your age. How is he?"

"Oh right, he's good thanks just very busy at work." I replied

"Excellent, excellent." He paused then began again "I'll be right back with a wand."

He turned around and strode purposefully into the long corridors.

I waited eagerly, excited to finally get my own wand so I didn't have to practice using Dad's whenever he was home. I knew he was important at the ministry but I wished he could be home more often so I could spend some more time with him.