18) Return To The Castle

The rest of the holidays went by rapidly and before we knew it, it was September 1st. Me and Hermione packed our bags quickly but a lot of the morning was spent trying to get other things ready, because of this we left the Burrow later than we would have liked.

Everyone got into the Ford Anglia which had been magically expanded to make space and we set off to Kings Cross. However, we had to go back three times because Fred left his Filibuster Fireworks, George left his broomstick and Ginny had left her diary. This caused us to run very late.

"We might be late." Hermione whispered to me.

"We should be OK. As long as there's no more delays." I replied as Neptune pawed at my face.

We set off once again and managed to arrive at King's Cross with just enough time to get through to Platform 9 3/4. Arthur had tried to fly the car there but Molly wouldn't have it.

"Percy! You go first." Molly said whilst looking anxiously at the clock overhead.

I checked my watch and saw that we had only a couple of minutes for everyone to get through.

"Fred, George! You go now and then Y/N and Hermione."

Fred and George pushed their trolleys through the wall and me and Hermione followed shortly after.

"We better get on the train." I said.

"Let's wait for Harry and Ron." replied Hermione

"OK."

Molly and Ginny came next followed by Arthur.

We waited for Harry and Ron to come through the wall.

And we waited.

Until the clock was 30 seconds to 11 and we had to get in the Hogwarts Express.

"What were they doing!?" I exclaimed.

"I don't know. Why didn't they come through?"

"Something must have kept them, let's hope we see them at Hogwarts."

Hermione POV

Me and Y/N got into a compartment on our own still wondering what could have happened to Harry and Ron.

"You don't think this has anything to do with that elf, do you?"  he asked.

"It could do, but we didn't see an elf and the Malfoys weren't there either."

"You're right, maybe I'm just thinking too much into it."

"Oh no, I think it's definitely a possibility but it could easily be something else. They could have even come through really late and managed to get in a different compartment."

"Maybe, I just hope they manage to get to Hogwarts OK. Although, if they don't get there it would mean they don't have to put up with Lockhart."

"That's true, but do you really think he'll be that bad?"

"There's no way he'll be a competent teacher, just wish we had someone like McGonagall, Flitwick or even Snape for DADA."

"Well we can hope."

It was halfway through the journey when the Trolley witch came to our compartment. I bought some Pumpkin Pasties and Y/N bought  himself some Cauldron Cakes. After we ate them we both fell asleep and I   rested my head on his shoulder.

I woke up and looked out the window to see if I could gauge how close we were to Hogwarts. However, what I saw was Mr Weasley's Ford flying alongside the train. You could see Harry and Ron in the front seats alone.