34) Family Wounds

As Y/N, Hermione, Harry and Ron stepped back into the muggle world they nearly collided with a panicked looking Chloe.

"Y/N!" exclaimed Chloe. "C'mon, we've got to go!"

"Are you alright? Where do we need to go?" asked Y/N.

"St Mungo's!" explained Chloe.

"Wh-"

"It's your dad."

Y/N looked at Ron, Hermione and Harry anxiously, two of whom were wide-eyed. The other, Harry, looked confused at what was happening.

"I'll let you all know if he's alright." said Y/N. "See you at the end of the holidays."

"Bye!" called the three of them, and as Chloe pulled him away he could hear Ron explaining what St Mungo's was to Harry.

"What's happened!?" said Y/N, nervously.

"He's been attacked." said Chloe. "C'mon."

Chloe continued taking Y/N away from the crowds of King's Cross until they found a secluded corner with only a few people occasionally walking past.

"Have you ever apparated?" asked Chloe.

"No."

Y/N knew what it was but he'd never had to do it before.

"Alright then, brace yourself. You'll feel a bit sick so try not to throw up." said Chloe, offering her arm to Y/N.

Y/N took hold of it and they waited for a group of muggles to pass. The group made there way out of sight and Chloe counted down.

"Three... Two... One."

And then sudden blackness. Chloe had warned Y/N about the feeling of sickness but what she hadn't warned him about was the feeling that he was being crushed.

It was like he was in a vice and it was tightening rapidly. The air was forced out of Y/N's lungs and his eyes were being pushed to the back of his head.

Then, suddenly, relief. He looked around and saw that they were in a dark back alley in what seemed like London.

Y/N looked around feeling alright until a wave of nausea flowed through him. He leant against the wall closest to him and heaved horribly. There were two more big heaves but Y/N managed to keep any vomit down.

He stood up straight and looked at Chloe.

"You good?" she asked.

Y/N nodded, still a bit shaken up by the strange and painful experience, but more concerned about his dad. Chloe looked at him sympathetically and took his hand dragging him out of the alley.

They exited onto a busy muggle street, people were moving quickly and no one paid attention to the two people leaving an alley, one of whom was extremely pale.

"We're only a couple of turns away." said Chloe quietly.

They hurried down the street as fast as they could and turned left at the end of it. They went down the next path and turned right onto a street which had shops running across both sides.

Y/N and Chloe crossed the road and walked about halfway down it, stopping in front of an abandoned department store called Purge and Dowes Ltd.

The building was old and run down and in all the windows there was only a single mannequin which was broken and quite frankly ugly. It had a green tuft of hair and clothes which were falling apart at the seams. Not one muggle even glanced at the building which stood out like a sore thumb. Y/N assumed it must have been like that for some time.