20) Slytherin's New Seeker

A/N: I'm going to try writing the whole chapter in 3rd person. I feel like it might be easier to write and easier to follow for you guys.

Sorry if you like the 1st person but tell me how you feel about the 3rd person POV.

In the week following the disaster that was Lockhart's lesson, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Y/N had been avoiding the blonde Professor as much as possible.

Harry had also been trying to avoid Colin but this proved difficult and wherever he went, Colin followed. The other members of the quartet faced their own problems as well. Ron's malfunctioning wand seemed to be getting worse ; in a Charms class it had flung out of Ron's hand and hit Flitwick straight between the eyes leaving a nasty mark.

Y/N and Hermione's awkward start to the year had continued. Y/N was confused at his friend's behaviour but didn't want to push it, feeling that if it was serious enough she'd talk to him.

The four of them were all quite relieved when the weekend came around. They had planned to visit Hagrid on Saturday morning but these plans were ruined by Oliver Wood.

"Wood? What d'yawant?" said Y/N groggily.

"Quidditch practice! Come on!"

Y/N looked at the watch on his bedside.

"Are you crazy! It must barely be light outside!"

"That's the point! It's part of our new Quidditch training programme, now help me get Harry up."

Y/N swung his legs off the side of his bed and rubbed his eyes as Wood went over to Harry's bunk.

He began looking for his Quidditch robes, eventually finding them tucked away in a suitcase.

"Wood, what do you want?" asked Harry who had just been awakened.

"Quidditch practice, we're starting early so we're quicker off the mark than all the other teams."

"Morning Harry." said Y/N

"Morning."

"I'll see you both down on the pitch in 15 minutes."

"I'm really not sure I can be bothered with this." muttered Y/N after Wood had left. "We're going to miss breakfast."

"If I'm going, so are you."

"I don't even start for the team, why does he want me to go."

"Maybe he's going to start you this year."

"I hope so, but if I have to get up this early all the time, it won't be worth it."

"It wasn't like this last year, we should get going anyway, Wood won't want us to be late."

"Alright, I'll just write a note for Hermione telling her where we are."

Y/N scribbled it down and left it in the common room for his best-friend to find when she woke up.

The two boys stepped outside the portrait when they heard a clattering behind them.

"Great." groaned Y/N.

"Hang on, Harry." squeaked Colin. "I heard someone saying your name on the stairs. Look what I've got here!"

Colin waved a photograph in front of Harry's face and on it could be seen Lockhart trying to drag someone into the middle of the picture.

"Will you sign it for me!"

"No, Colin, I won't."

"We really best be off Colin." said Y/N.