12) Norbert The Dragon

To the other three's surprise it seemed as if Quirrell was standing up to Snape because there were no changes in the next several weeks. My lessons with Dumbledore had been going well but we were still unsure of what that mysterious pressure I felt was. I had tried to sneakily ask questions about the third floor corridor but Dumbledore always found a way to answer without revealing anything.

Everytime we went past the secret corridor the other three were insistent on putting their ears to the door and see if Fluffy was still growling. Ron and Harry were becoming more friendly to Quirrell but Hermione and I were too focused on exams to do that. At least that's what I told Harry and Ron, I still felt that Quirrell was up to something.

Currently we were revising in the common room and Hermione was stressing.

"The exams are ages away Hermione." Ron said.

"They're only ten weeks away. That's nothing to Flamel."

"Well we're not six hundred, are we?"

"I have to agree with Ron. You're going to stress yourself out. Please have a break, I'll have one too." I pleaded.

"I need to make sure, I know it. If we don't pass we won't do second year!" she snapped.

I sighed hearing her angry.

"Mione, listen to yourself. You're already too stressed. It's not as if you don't know everything already, this isn't going to do you any good."

"You're mad, these are really important. I'm disappointed Y/N, I thought at least you'd be revising."

"I have been, just not too much. There's enough homework as there is, if you keep going like this it'll be bad for you."

Despite my words there seemed to be no reasoning with this version of Hermione. Everyday she would go to the library and drag us down with her.

One morning we were down there and encountered Hagrid.

"Mione... What good is this going to do us? We've gone over everything probably two dozen times now." I said, yawning.

I was looking down at a book on Potions when I heard Harry call out.

"Hagrid, what are you doing in the library?"

"Just lookin'. What abou' you?"

"Hermione's making us revise non-stop. Getting pretty sick of it if I'm being totally honest." I answered.

She glared at me.

"As she should, these tests are importan'." he said whilst looking around him. "You're not still looking for Flamel, are yeh."

"Oh no we found out who he was ages ago." Ron said proudly. "And we know what Fluffy's guarding. It's a Philosopher's -"

"Shh!" Hagrid interrupted "Don't go on abou' it all in the open like tha'. "

"We actually had a few questions about what other defences there were. We know there's Fluffy obviously, but we were wondering what else was guarding the stone." Harry said.

There's no way Hagrid would actually just tell us so I was a bit confused as to why Harry would ask this.

"SHHHHH! Come and see me later, just stop rabbitin' on about it."

With that Hagrid left the library and hurried off probably back to his hut.

"What was that he was holding behind his back?" Hermione asked.

"I'm not sure, I couldn't see." Harry said.

"Do you think it's about the stone?" Ron said.

"Could be."