36) Invasion

The morning after Y/N's first training sessions he felt much less angry at his mother. Knowing that her dismissive attitude was just part of Amy's methods made him feel relieved and he went downstairs determined to try and do better this time.

In the kitchen this time was Amy and Ryan was no where to be seen.

"Where's Dad?" asked Y/N.

"He got called in to work." answered Amy.

"I thought he had time off?" questioned Y/N.

"They said it was urgent and 'required his immediate attention'. Bunch of rubbish if you ask me. He got really hurt and they're asking him to look into stuff."

"You know Dad, he won't let some cuts like that keep him down."

"I think he was more hurt than he let on." said Amy, bringing over a plate of toast and a yoghurt.

Y/N started eating his breakfast and looked at his mother, confused.

"He wanted to help, he'd been planning this since Dumbledore told him what you said at school. If he was fine he would have helped." said Amy.

"What do you think is wrong?"

"You're the magic one, you tell me."

Y/N shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat. They sat in the kitchen for a few minutes until they had finished. Afterwards, Y/N headed upstairs and changed into his workout clothes. He took a moment, whilst changing, to look out his window. Y/N hoped to see Shadow returning from Hermione. It was unsual for the owl to be gone for this long. Perhaps he just wanted to stay with Hermione for a while.
After a moment of waiting, Y/N returned to his mother who was already at the punching bags, practicing.

"Ready?" said Amy shortly, taking a breath.

Y/N nodded.

"Before we start though  I need to let you know that Chloe and Sophie will be coming by later."

Y/N groaned in frustration. He was fond of his aunt but her daughter was not someone he enjoyed the company of.

"I know you don't get on with Sophie but Chloe had a pretty big disagreement her partner. They're going to be in England for a while. Sophie will be at Hogwarts in the year below you."

"It's fine." said Y/N. "Can we start?"

"Yes, we can." replied Amy. "Come over here."

Y/N approached the punching bag he had struck yesterday and looked at his mother.

"Stand as if you were going to hit it." she instructed."

Y/N stood like he did previously but moved his feet so that would be able to turn into the punch better.
Amy observed her son and when he stopped moving she said

"Could be worse."

She stepped towards Y/N and forcefully moved him until he was in a better position. Amy paid particular attention to the position of his feet which were not at all where they needed to be.

Y/N groaned.

"Yesterday, you told me you wanted me to help. Have you changed your mind?" said Amy.

"Couldn't you just tell me the way to stand?" said Y/N.

"If it was that easy, every one would be a boxer." said Amy, handing him a pair of gloves. "Try now."

Y/N put the gloves on and prepared himself. He took a deep breath and then swung. He turned himself into the punch and the bag swung violently on it's stand.