17) The Famous Fraudster

Y/N POV

The weeks spent at the Burrow were some of the best of my life - I was surrounded by my best friends and had almost free-reign to do what we wanted. We could play Quidditch, read our spell books and try and get ready for the new year.

The best part however was the fact I got to spend more time with Hermione than ever. We had certainly grown closer during our time at the Burrow. But I had a feeling Hermione had something on her mind. However, everytime I asked she would just say it was nothing. It didn't seem to be affecting her too badly so I didn't press.

One morning we finally heard from Hogwarts.

"Mione, have you seen my other shirt!" I called.

"Y/N! You could have said you didn't have a shirt on."

"Sorry, I didn't think you were in here, what's up?"

"Mrs Weasley says we got our book list from school... You're shirt is in the corner by the way." she said but her eyes betrayed her.

"Thanks, but my eyes are up here." I joked.

She went a vibrant red at my comment and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Just come on, I was waiting for you." she groaned.

"Alright I'm coming."

We went downstairs together and Molly was waiting with our letters. Ginny was down there with Ron as well. It was going to be Ginny's first year so the Weasley's had to get even more school supplies.

Molly handed me the letter and I opened it alongside Hermione.

Second year students will require:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart.

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wandering with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

"Who's this Lockhart? He's written almost the entire book list." Hermione asked.

"He's quite famous, but I reckon his books are a load of rubbish." I said

"Mum fancies him." said Ron in audible whisper.

"Don't be ridiculous Ron." she replied but her cheeks had a pink hue.

"I don't know why all his books are on the list though. There's much better books you can get, I have some at home." I said.

"Surely he can't be all bad if he's written all these books." Hermione questioned.

"Maybe some of its true but most of it is probably fake."

By now Harry was coming down for breakfast and at the sight of him Ginny knocked over her bowl of porridge and dived under the table.

Harry took his seat and pretended not to notice, Molly handed him his letter and Fred who had just entered peered over his shoulder.

"You've been asked to get all Lockhart's books as well. The new DADA teacher must be a witch who fancies him."

"This isn't going to be cheap, Lockhart's books are expensive." added George.