twenty-three - linkin park

"Mikey, head up. It's Friday!" Luke yelled, patting Michael's back while he sat there with his head down, tired of the whole week he has had behind him.

"I'll die!" Michael groaned, smashing his head onto the counter. "I cannot take this anymore."

"Saying all the things I said before." Luke made his hand in a fist, singing into it like it is a microphone.

"I am so tired of your Linkin Park references." Michael shifted his head, sniffing.

"Yeah, I know." Luke jumped on the counter, swinging his feet back and forth. "But, in the end it doesn't even matter." He added, giggling.

"Luke." Michael whined. "Can you once - just once, not be yourself?" He asked, desperate about this.

"Okay, okay." Luke hopped off the counter and walked over, bringing a chair and sitting himself next to Michael. "Tell uncle Lucas what bothers you."

"Alright." Michael sighed, turning to him and wiping his hands on the apron he wore. "I got two hours of sleep last night and I am supposed to go and watch an apartment in the suburbs today." He explained and Luke gave him a questioning look. "I am sick of everything, I need like a six-month long rest from everything." Michael explained.

"Well, you agreed to go through the whole pregnancy, didn't you? It's something you got to handle no matter what." Luke leaned back in his chair, bringing a foot up to his knee and holding it with a hand there, sounding so mature all of a sudden. "You could act ill and stay home, too." He added, breaking the whole illusion of him actually being serious.

"I know." Michael whined, kicking the leg of the table with a foot. "But I really didn't think life would ever hit me like this."

"Life's a bitch." Luke let his arms fall freely between his legs and chuckled.

"Oh, you don't say?" Michael rolled his eyes. "Like, seriously we are the same age and the worst you have to worry about is what Liz is making for dinner. Why do I have to be so lucky and worry about an apartment and if I will have enough money for the month?"

"I don't know." Luke sighed, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. "Just ... " He stopped, searching for the right words. "Whenever you feel like giving up, just remember that that is the moment you give up on Sam and the baby." He explained. Luke was never really a person to help somebody in rough times, but when it came to Michael he would do anything. Luke just liked Michael in a special way.

"I would never leave them behind." Michael admitted, looking straight ahead into space. After a longer time of both of them being silent, Michael looked up at the clock to see his shift was over. "I'm free." He sighed, getting up and slowly taking his apron off. He sure would have been more happy about this if he didn't have to go and watch some random apartments in the suburbs.

"Hey, let's go get a beer when I am free." Luke suggested, following Michael into the restaurant. He put a hand on his back and smiled, in hope to make Michael smile, too.

"I will sleep." He groaned. "See you." Was all Michael said before he escaped out and hopped into his car. He took a long time to get home, simply just to listen to the music on his playlist and try and sort his thoughts out.

"Michael, hey." Mr Seales called from inside the living room as Michael stamped through the hall and up the stairs, stopping when he got called.

"Yeah?" Michael shouted, hoping deep inside that he didn't need to do anything.

"Your mom is here." Mr Seales stepped foot in the hall, smiling cheekily at him.

"Oh." Michael said, glaring slightly. He expected much worse.