thirty-seven - "your daughter is gone"

Michael knocked on the front door of the Seales' house and waited for someone to open it as a huge smirk spread onto his face.

He has left Maya in the car because he didn't want her to see or hear any of this while he had no idea that Molly and his mom were parked on the other side and watched him.

"Oh, hey Michael." Mr Seales opened the door after some time, flashing him a big smile that soon turned into a frown as Michael handed him the car keys.

"Your daughter is gone but you obviously don't even know that." Michael started obnoxiously. "I give you your car back and I am here to tell you I will legaly forbid you to ever see Maya again, both you and your daughter and also her lover. None of you will see Maya again." He said and walked off, feeling more proud than ever before and even for a moment he successfuly ignored that Mr Seales was following him.

"You can't do that, Michael. She is not your real daughter." He reminded him, giving him a stern look once Michael turned around to him.

"In Maya's birth cetrificate it says that Michael Gordon Clifford is her father and since her mother ran away to f.ucking Germany I can and will forbid you to come and visit her." Michael explained as he opened the backseat door of the car and took Maya out.

Samantha's dad stood there in the dark and barely believed his own ears. He didn't even know where his daughter was but now that he did it all made sense and he just gave up on the fight with Michael, he didn't deserve it.

"Oh and yeah, don't worry about us we'll take the bus and then the metro like all poor people do." Was all Michael said before he walked away, this time having no one to follow him, at least that's what he thought.

Just as he crossed the street, Molly jumped out of her black car and stood in front of him.

"Oh my God!" Michael gasped in suprise. "What the hell are you doing here?" He questioned, obviously not being glad with seeing her.

"What the fuck was that?!" Molly yelled out loud at him not bothering that Maya was in his arms and able to hear all of it. "Why are you giving him the car? You're gonna need it." She asked furiously once Michael pushed her out of his way and started walking away again.

"I don't need his daughter, I don't need his precious help. I'll do it on my own." Michael explained as he walked, not bothering to even look at Molly who was slowly trailing behind him.

Molly just stood there, she didn't know what Michael's plan was. Sure Samantha betrayed him but he for sure needed a car and giving it back to her dad wouldn't make him feel better anyway. Little did she know what his actual reason was to come over here.

"Michael." Karen said through a heavy sigh as she got out of the car and ran after him. "Why are we here, huh?" She questioned once she caught him up and he turned around to her.

"That's none of your business." Michael said annoyed, shaking his mom's hand off of his shoulder and slowly walking down the street again.

"Michael." Karen shouted at him, refusing to run after him again. "What did you tell Mr Seales?"

"I told him to f.uck off!" Michael turned around and shouted once he set Maya down. The little girl was tired at this time in the evening yet she kept her eyes open and looked between her Daddy who held her hand and her Granny who he shouted at. "Are you happy now?"

"What did you tell him exactly?" Karen asked, letting out a small groan as she stood about ten meters away from her son and yelled at him in a street she wasn't even sure in which part of the town it was.

"That I am Maya's dad and that he'll find that in the papers as well so I can legaly forbid both him and his wife to take her away. Samantha can't get her anyway and Calum isn't even known as any kind of guardian." Michael explained, letting out a big sigh as he felt some kind relief.