thirty-three - fucking marry me

"Baby, no." Samantha repeated once again, walking through the kitchen and putting the groceries away. "I know you only do this because Molly and Luke got engaged but you really don't have to."

Even a week after Michael's first try to make Samantha his fiance he walked with the same ring and same box through the house and almost haunted his girlfriend to make her marry him.

"Ow, please!" He pouted once he stopped himself on a chair that stood next to the small circular dinning table in the middle of their kitchen. "Why shouldn't we get married? We have a child, we love each other what more do we need?" Michael asked, frustration slowly building up in him at how desperate he was.

"How about you first clean Maya's bedroom and the bathroom and then I'll think about it?" Samantha asked while her head was burried in the fridge where she was putting the milk away.

"Today is my free day!" Michael almost shouted at her at how desperate he was since his girlfriend that claimed she loved him didn't want to get married. "I don't want to clean up on my free day. I want to do something interesting, something fun."

"Oh really? Like what?" Samantha questioned sarcastically. She walked over to the table and put a hand down on it and one on her hip. "I could use some fun now too you know after I've been doing the whole house work for the whole week."

"I didn't say that you don't deserve fun, okay?" Michael looked up at her from where he was sitting on the chair and let out a big groan. "I just say that I don't always have free time but when I do I want it to spend with my family doing something fun and not cleaning the house."

Samantha stood there and watched him for a while before she ran a hand through her messy hair and let out a small sigh. "I have loads of s.hit to get done here, take Maya and go ... Go wherever you want." She said and walked off.

Michael curved his lips together and looked down at his fists that rested on the table. He took in a deep breath as he decided not to fight with Samantha now. He'd take Maya and go out with her and later in the evening he'd try to make up for this. He knew only too good how short Samantha's temper was so he knew he didn't need to fight with her now.

Michael stood up from the chair and headed into Maya's bedroom where he found her sitting on the floor and listing through some of his old comic books.

"Hey, Mays." Michael said softly while he stood in the door frame. Maya was so lost in the Thor comic book that she didn't even hear him so Michael slowly stepped foot in her small bedroom and walked over to her bed, sitting himself down. "What could we do today, huh?" He asked as he ruffled her curly hair a bit.

"Daddy!" Maya said happily, leaving the comic book on the floor and jumping onto Michael's lap. "Mommy says we can't go anywhere." She pouted down at her lap as she hugged Michael's neck with her small arms.

"I've just talked to Mommy and she says we can." Michael said as a small smile spread onto his face and he looked down at Maya, holding her back so she wouldn't fall over.

"Really?" Her eyes grew wide as she looked up at her Daddy and flashed him a big smile.

"Uh huh." Michael nodded, standing up and swinging Maya in the air before he set her down on the floor. "C'mon, take a hoodie and let's go." He urged her by giving her a small push towards her wardrobe.

Maya quickly took the hoodie that hanged on her bed and ran after Michael out of her bedroom and straight to the front door where he was putting on a jean jacket.

"So where did you decide to go, Bubbles?" Samantha picked Maya up just as she was half way towards Michael.

"I don't know." Maya shrugged, poking Samantha's cheek where there was some dust. "Daddy, where are we going?" She leaned back over Samantha's arms and almost fell over, giving him a questioning look.