three - eat right

"It's really nice to meet Sam's boyfriend in person." Samantha's father said to break the silence at the dining table.

Apparently, Michael was the reason for Calum having to eat for lunch with Samantha's parents after he left them alone in the coffee shop a bit more than a week ago, so he had to drive him to her house and eat with them, since Calum didn't know what to do or say in front of them.

Calum glared at him and nodded, turning his look to his plate quiclly and eating some more spaghetti, that tasted awful but he was too afraid to say anything.

"And you are?" Samantha's mom looked at Michael, obviously disturbed with his looks. Who could complain? He had bright red hair, a few tattoos and even a piercing, while Samantha was one of the  rich and fine  people. 

"Michael." He said a bit confused, he was sure he already told her his name. 

"I've heard that." The woman laughed nervously and wiped the corner of her mouth with a tissue. "But are you and Samantha friends from school or?"

"I barely know your daughter." Michael answered confused with her question, he thought that Calum talked to them earlier and explained who he is going to take to the lunch, but he obviously didn't. "I'm Calum's friend." He added and Samantha's mom nodded. "I drove him over becuase he doesn't have his license."

"Yet." Calum added not to sound like some troubled teenager that he actually was. "I haven't finished my driving lessons yet." He miled at Mr Seales, trying to sound credible. 

"Oh." He said and ate some more of his spaghetti. 

Calum turned to Samantha to find her chuckling a bit, since she knew the truth about his license, but she thought it was cute from him to lie to her parents so they wouldn't freak out. 

"How long have you two been dating?" Mrs Seales asked out of nowhere and turned to Calum looking at him and waiting for an answer from him. "Samantha never tells us anything, she thinks we are uncool."

"About a month, I'm not sure." Calum shrugged as he drank some of the water that stood aside him. 

"Sweetie, how did you two meet?" Her dad looked at her and waited for a reply. They didn't even know that their daughter had a boyfriend until he had to drive her and Calum home a week ago. 

"Through a friend." Samantha said not quite sure why her parents even cared so much about it. However, Calum wasn't her first boyfriend so far and they've met a lot of her earlier boyfriends, why did they act so weird around Calum?

"Michael, do you want some more?" Mrs Seales said ignoring the conversation her husband and her daughter had. 

"No, thanks. I'm full." Michael shook his finger when she was about to put some more spaghetti on his plate, at which Calum snorted secretly. He knew Michael lied just so he wouldn't have to eat more of her bad tasting food - now he understood why Samantha was so skinny. 

"Michael." She said sternly. "If you don't eat you won't grow." Mrs. Seales added as if she was talking to a baby and not an eighteen year old guy. "Eat this plate, it's not that much." she said, adding some more spaghetti on his plate.

"I don't have to grow, I'm big enough." Michael sighed, arguing, making Calum laugh again, he probably turned this whole sentence into a description of Michael's p.enis, so he kicked his leg under the table, making him flinch. 

"You'll eat that, end of debate." She smiled proudly at him and Michael started to eat, there was no way for him out of this. Calum laughed again. He had real stuggles to stay serious when he had to. At this moment, everything could make him laugh. "Calum, here, eat too." Mrs. Seales said and he stopped laughing, earning a smirk from Michael, when Mrs. Seales made him eat some more. "Why such long faces? You are still young and need some extra energy to grow. You think you'll get the proteins and calcuim from alcohol, no you won't."