twenty-nine - "you stole my daughter?"

"Mays, Daddy's home." Michael shouted while he stood at the front door of their apartment and took his shoes off. "Did you miss Daddy?" He questioned, hanging his blazer that he had to wear to work. "Maya? Are you there?" He asked again once she didn't reply him or came to see him like she usually did.

"Maya is out." Samantha informed him standing in the door frame that lead into their bedroom.

"She's already got a boyfriend?" Michael furrowed his eyebrows, following Samantha into the bedroom where she simply sat down onn the floor and folded their clothes.

"No." Samantha chuckled, looking up to where Michael sat on the edge of the bed. "Calum took her out for the day."

"What?" Michael gasped. "Why did you let Maya go out with him?" He questioned, slowly sitting himself down, anger viewable in his eyes.

"He is her father in first place." Samantha said simply, not bothering to even look at Michael. "Michael." She sighed after she noticed him being more than just upset. "Calm down, nothing will happen to her." Samantha assured him once she left the clothes and sat herself next to him.

"I hate Calum." Michael said, looking down at the floor between his knees. "Yeah sure, we are friends for twenty years but I hate him." He added, slowly looking up to Samantha.

Samantha just looked at him and waited for Michael to continue. It seemed like this wasn't just about Maya going out with Calum.

"Samantha, he has been teasing and putting me down ever since we started playing together on the playground." Michael said through a heavy sigh. "Calum killed every sense of self love I ever had."

"Michael." Samantha sighed, placing a hand on Michael's knee. "I believe he didn't do it on purpose - "

"He did it on purpose!" Michael cut her off, yelling. "I don't know why, but he broke my mental health. I can't and I don't want him to be around my daughter."

Samantha looked at him with the same look she gave him each time Michael declared Maya as his daughter.

"Fuck it." Was all he said after some time when he realized what he's said.

Michael stood up and brushed himself clean, heading into the kitchen to avoid any awkward moments with Samantha.

After Samantha folded and put all their clothes in its places she sneaked into their kitchen, hidding herself behind the fridge so she could secretly watch Michael and see how he was doing. She didn't mean to upset him with neither letting Calum take Maya out for the day nor letting Michael know that Maya still isn't his daughter.

Samantha just stood behind the fridge and watched Michael make himself cereals, one of his favourite foods to eat when he was sad.

He angrily shoved spoon after spoon in his mouth, not taking the time to chew any of it. He was too frustrated yet he was hungry.

"Michael." Samantha sighed, approaching him. "I'm sorry." She said softly, taking a seat on the chair next to Michael.

"For what?" He questioned once he gulped the cereals down.

"For not asking you if I can let our daughter go with Calum." Samantha admitted, stretching her arms out over the table. "Maya maybe hasn't your DNA and isn't your natural heritage but she is your daughter." She added, slowly looking up at Michael as she pulled on a small smile.

"I got to go." Michael stood up suddenly and rushed to the front door.

"Where? Is it because of me?" Samantha ran after him feeling as if Michael could do something awful in a mood like this and that it is maybe her fault.