twelve - P&H family

Michael licked his teeth inside his mouth looking at all the people at the table. First one was Liz, the oldest one, also Luke's and Jack's mom. Then next to her was her baby - Luke. They were both eating the soup, silently, feeling a bit awkward just as Michael was.

Next to Luke was Tyler, already at the beginning of this whole dinner he exclaimed that he hated soup and protested to eat it, so instead of eating he annoyed his parents who sat on the other side of the quadratic table. Together with Jack and Mackenzie was Molly's dad, glancing at his daughter and his grand son alternately, and sometimes even at Michael which would cause him to look back into his soup and eat it, instead of staring at them.

At last, Michael and Molly sat alone on the opposite site of the table where there actually was place for three maybe even four people, but Mr Peters just wanted the young couple to sit alone and not be disturbed, as if they'd do something that they could be disturbed at.

As he finished his soup, Michael leaned back in his chair catching Luke's smirk at him, making him look in his direction confused. He mouthed a confused 'what?' so no one excpet Luke would see him talking.

Luke fastly shook his head and smiled at him, eating the very last spoon of his soup, leaving Michael still confused.

"Are you alright?" Molly suddenly cut off his thoughts by tapping his upper arm. He shook himself awake and looked at her smiling as he nodded. "Dad, I think it's time for the lamb." she turned to her dad, talking a bit louder than she did with Michael, still having a hand on his upper arm.

"Oh yeah, right. I totally forgot about it." Mr Peters said getting up fastly as he wiped the corner of his mouth with a tissue, rushing into the back in the kitchen. Michael hit hid forehead with a hand, he totally forgot that Molly and her dad were Jewish and didn't eat pork, just lamb and other meat like that. But Michael hated lamb, he could practically puke all over the place when he ate it.

"Aren't you and Michael in the same class?" suddenly Liz asked Luke, making everyone at the table look into their direction. Luke looked at weird at the looks he earned shaking his head as he turned back to his mom. "Ah, yeah right. You're with that Asian boy, aren't you?"

"He's not Asian." Michael popped in talking a bit too loud and too fast, almost attacking her. In the process he even sat up a bit, just to have Molly make him sit back down. "I'm sorry, it's just -" je murmured uner his breath as he rubbed the spot above his lips. "- nevermind."

"Okay, I'm sorry." Liz chuckled. "He looks Asian."

"But he's not." Michael growled under his breath, having Molly pinch his wrist under the table.

Luke couldn't hold back a laugh, but he stopped just as Michael kicked his knee under the table. "Mom, he kicked me!" he shouted, sounding like a baby as he looked with his huge blue eyes at his mom.

"Shh." is all Liz said as the two boys exchanged mean looks between one another, stopping when they both heard and saw Mr Peters walking into the room with a huge plate full with lamb, potatoes and some other vegetables. He put it down in the middle of the table and filled one by one's plate, until he came to Michael who literally gagged just from the smell of the meat.

"I uh ... " he held out his plate but far enough for Mr Peters to not be able to reach it. "I'm actually vegetarian." he explained, smiling nervously at him as he felt Molly roll her eyes at him.

"What?" Mr Peters laughed at him, bending over to try and take the plate from him thinking that this was just a bad joke. "You just ate a soup full of meat in it." he put his hands on his hips when Michael put the plate on his lap as if Molly's dad would steal it from him.