I'm Happy Just To Dance With You - George

fluff! ☁️💕

It was July 9th, 1964. The night before the highly anticipated Beatles album, A Hard Day's Night, was to be released.
I was in the kitchen, preparing a lovely celebratory meal since the album was finally finished and hopefully, me and George could spend more time together. I had heard bits and pieces of some of the songs when I would go and visit George in the studio, but I never heard a full song.
I continued preparing the special dinner, and I heard a knock on my flat's door. I opened the door to see my loving boyfriend, holding something behind his back.
"Geo!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck before placing a kiss on his cheek.
"It's nice to see you too, love" He chuckled, still holding the mystery item behind his back.
"What do you have there?" I asked curiously, pointing to whatever it was.
"This, is the first printed pressing of the new album!" He said happily, handing me the record that was hidden behind his back.
"It looks amazing, George! I'm so proud of you!" I said, analyzing every aspect of the album before I gave him a quick, but loving kiss on the lips. The kiss was interrupted by a timer telling me the food was done.
"That'll be the food then" I said, kissing him quickly again before running off into the kitchen to take the roast out of the oven. He followed me into the kitchen to see what all I made for us, of course trying to sneak bites of it. He actually burned his mouth because he didn't let some of it cool though.
"It smells divine love, just like you" He complimented, winking at the last bit.
"You're too much some times, Geo. But I love you for it." I laughed, beginning to put food on the plates.
"So love..." He said, as I placed his plate in front of him on the table.
"Yes?" I giggle in response.
"I have a song on this album that I haven't let you hear yet" He says as I sit down in the chair beside him.
"Can I go ahead and put the record on then?" I say, slightly exclaiming my question.
"Of course, love. It's track four on the A-side." He replied as he smiled lovingly at me.
I stand up from the dining chair and give him a kiss on the cheek before slightly running towards the record player that was in the open living room.
I take the record out of it's sleeve and place it on the player, carefully moving the needle to the beginning.
I hear the first chord of A Hard Day's Night and make my way back to my seat at the table.
"What do you think of the album so far?" He asks, continuing to eat.
"I really like it so far! I think it's gonna be a big hit." I say, beginning to eat the portion I put on my plate.
"Thank you for dinner, love. It was delicious!" He said, standing up with an empty plate.
"How did you eat so fast?" I ask.
"Well I'm excited for you to hear the song! And there's only two more songs after this one so hurry up!" He said jokingly.
"Okay okay" I reply, doing my best to try and eat before the song comes on.
"Now, the song is a Lennon-McCartney, but I was on lead vocals and I really like how it turned out. Plus, the lyrics remind me of you." He said, making me blush a bit.
The third song started to come to an end, I see George's eyes light up as he gets up on his feet and extends his arm to dance. I place my hand in his, and he immediately pulls me closer to him, against his chest, with a grin on his face. I stay pressed against his chest, and then the song he's been waiting for me to hear began to play through the speaker of the record player. When the music stopped he pulled himself back a bit so he could look me in the face while he softly sang along to the lyrics.
"Before this dance is through / I think I'll love you, too / I'm so happy when you dance with me" He sang softly as we swayed to the music.
"I don't wanna kiss or hold your hand / If it's funny try and understand / There is really nothing else I'd rather do / 'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you" He continued singing, almost whispering that line while giving me the most heartwarming smile I've ever seen.
"I don't need to hug or hold you tight / I just wanna dance with you all night / In this world there's nothing I would rather do / 'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you"
"Just to dance with you / Is everything I need / Before this dance is through / I'll think I love you, too / I'm so happy when you dance with me" He sang, looking down at me with a genuine smile showing his vampiric-like fangs before pulling me somehow closer to him, making me rest my head on his shoulder.
"If somebody tries to take my place / Let's pretend we just can't see his face / In this world there's nothing I would rather do / 'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you" He continued to sing softly into my ear, as I smiled into his shoulder.
As he sang the bridge again, he gently pulled us apart somewhat but only to spin me around and back into his arms.
"If somebody tries to take my place / Let's pretend we just can't see his face / In this world there's nothing I would rather do / I've discovered I'm in love with you / 'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you" He sang, gently making me look up into his eyes when he said last two lines, before placing a soft loving kiss onto my lips making me sink into the kiss.
He pulled away from the kiss and made eye contact with me again, but this time it was as if you could see pure love in his eyes as I got lost in them.
"I love you, Y/N." He said softly, maintaining eye contact with me.
"I love you too, Geo."

i hope you guys enjoyed reading this! i'm thinking about doing a part two to this oneshot with smut 👀 so if that's something you would want me to write, let me know! thank you for all the support for this book <3 peace and love ☮️😎🤍