One Call Away - Paul

fluff 💓☁️✨
It was a normal night, I was tossing and turning in my bed, struggling to fall asleep. I remembered that my boyfriend, Paul, said I could call him in the middle of the night if I ever needed him. I debated for a few minutes before I decided to dial his number and call him. After a few rings, I heard my saving grace pick up the phone.

"Hello?" He said, his voice still groggy from being woken up.

"Hey love, I can't sleep. I just remembered you told me to call you if I ever needed you.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have woken you u-"

"No, I'm glad you called me. Is it alright if I come over?" He asked.

"Of course it's alright! But Paul, you really don't have to-"

"I'm on the way over!" He said cutting me off, I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Are you okay to drive?" I asked.

"Yeah love! I had just drifted off a little bit. I couldn't really sleep either." He said, I heard him picking his keys up and gathering his things together.

"Oh- Well, I'll see you soon! Be careful, I love you!" I said.

"I love you too! See you in a few minutes!"

{a few minutes later...}

I heard a familiar knock at my door, and there he was, my knight in shining armor.

"Hi" He said as he waved, making both of us chuckle.

I led him inside, and we decided to go into the kitchen to make some nighttime tea.

"So... why couldn't you sleep?" I asked.

"You weren't in my arms" He said casually, with a smile on his face, putting his hands in his pockets.

I looked at him and blushed with a smile on my face until the kettle broke the silence.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" He asked, grabbing the tea bags from the cabinet.

"I wasn't in your arms" I replied, blushing, putting the tea into my cup.

"Well maybe both of our problems will be solved." He said with a loving smile on his face as he placed his hand on my back, guiding me to my bedroom.

We climbed into bed, placing our drinks on the nightstand. He immediately wrapped me up in his arms, kissing the back of my head sweetly.

"I love you, Paulie" I said, automatically feeling safe in his arms.

"I love you more Y/N." He said, closing his eyes as he also was drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning wrapped in his arms, and although I was supposed to be getting up, I couldn't make myself get out of his embrace. Instead, I stayed in his arms, and drifted back to sleep, hearing his heartbeat and feeling his breath on my neck.

I hope you enjoy -lcnnonsoo 💓✨