*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟𝟘

-나는 그들의 것, 그들의 내 꺼야-

"so areum, what are you thinking about studying after high school?" changkyun, the man i had been speaking to for the last few minutes asked me.

he was a nice man. he was devilishly handsome and he had a charm to him. so far the conversation had been about how happy we were for sana and tzuyu. i may not know them very much, but i'm glad they decided to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

changkyun on the other hand, said he has known them for centuries, he said they are meant for each other, he said they always seem to drift towards each other and they seem miserable when they're apart.

my face was still puffy from all the unnecessary crying from before and my nose was still sniffling. crying won't help the situation.

"um, i honestly don't know," i chuckled a little, "when i was younger i danced ballet and i thought i would be a professional ballet dancer, but i lost interest in it, and now i don't really know," i scratched the back of my head and grabbed my forgotten scarf again, placing it around my self.

"you could always go into art," mingyu said from beside me. he had his hand around my slim waist and he was drinking red liquid from the glass in his hands. it wasn't wine, that's for sure.

i might not be around for it.

i might not be around to go to college.

"you any good at it?" changkyun drew my thoughts away with his question.

i was going to answer his question, but mingyu interrupted me before any words could come out of my mouth.

"she painted a phenomenal painting of me. it was a stunning portrait, i even hung it in the mansion," he bragged about my skill to the older man in front of us.

his words were true. mingyu insisted on putting the painting up in the library at the house. he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"she could definitely go into a career of art," he smiled brightly at me.

i chuckled awkwardly at his compliments.

it is quite rare to get such high compliments from anyone, i wasn't sure how to react.

"but, i don't know if i want to build a career on art," i explained. i looked down at the glass of water in front of me, like it was the most interesting thing in the world. "maybe finance or maybe i'll be a dentist or something," i sighed.

"i have no clue really," i smiled of my uncertainty and looked back at the people on the dance floor. they seemed to be having the time of their lives together.

i felt like i was giving him false hope for the future. they don't know what could trigger my transformation to selene; they probably think it would be something that kai could say, or something i ingest. i might not have a future with them and i felt like i was promising something i can't possibly ensure.

i couldn't take it.

"um, i have to go to the bathroom, excuse me," i shyly stood up from my seat and excused myself, bowing to changkyun before i left. "be back quickly," mingyu called out from afar.

🌷

blaargh~

that was the sound of my insides turning out.

i crouched down at the toilet's level and threw up without thinking.

i had become nauseous because of my nerves.