*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

a/n this is a trigger warning because this chapter talks about self-harm scars. i have gone through something like this myself, but that doesn't make me an expert in the subject. if you're depressed and thinking about hurting yourself, i implore you to get help. i know that sometimes it's hard to reach out for help, but you are going to be better for it.

-나는 그들의 것, 그들은 내 꺼야-

-myungho's pov-

when the limo parked in front of the mansion, seungcheol insisted to take areum with him. he pulled her away from mingyu and brought her to his room.

he was angry with himself. anyone could see that. he was angry that he couldn't protect her. that none of us could do anything to keep her safe from kai.

jongin is much more powerful than any vampire there is. he's one of the oldest there is. we don't even know how old he is.

the moment he started heading upstairs, i followed him, concerned with telling him what i saw. what i saw on her. on her wrist.

"seungcheol," i knocked on his door but heard no response. so, i knocked again.

i felt an uneasy feeling, worried about what happened in her past. what could have caused her to resort to such measures?

"come in," he shouted.

once i opened the door, i saw her laying on his bed, unconscious. she almost looked peaceful.

but i'm sure her mind is in turmoil, scared senseless of what kai did to her. i was unconscious when it happened, momentarily killed by kai.

"seungcheol," i turned to him. he was in his bathroom without his shirt. he had already started changing. he turned to me holding his shirt.

"what is it?"

"please, check her wrists," i turned back to areum.

there are old cuts on her wrist, from years previous. it broke my heart to know she would be hurting herself.

"what?" he furrowed his brows.

"check her wrists," i repeated to him. with a questioning brow he moved to stand behind her, looking at me before reaching to her arm and pulling up her sleeves.

a scowl appearing on his face, sitting down beside her with a look of disbelief in his eyes.

"i'll speak with her," he sighed

-areum's pov-

when i came to, i didn't know where i was. i wasn't aware of what had happened. i wasn't aware of anything. i was back in that dark room with no way out. it was just dark.

it felt like that was the only thing i knew. like this was my entire life. there wasn't a time when i was a little girl or a time when i knew them. it was just dark.

until i awoke, gasping for air, confused until all the memories came flooding back.

"holy crap," i whispered, still panting to catch my breath.

i looked around the room, seeing its emptiness.

i was alone in a room. but when the sound of the shower running registered, i realized that i was in seungcheol's room, and he was in the other room.