*𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠𝟟

-나는 그들의 것, 그들은 내 꺼야-

as they called out my name from atop the stage and walked towards the steps, i felt an immense sense of pride. i was so proud of myself for finally graduating. i've spent my entire life waiting for this moment.

for the moment i would be free to be whoever i wanted.

i can finally be the person i want to become.

i walked across the stage, and people were clapping. i didn't have a standing ovation from my family like everyone else, or my friends cheering.

i only had them.

the four of them.

they cheered and clapped for me louder than anyone else.

they are my family.

and i'll never regret them.

i walked closer to the headmaster, every step i took making me more nervous and for a moment everything drowned out, all i could hear was myself.

you're alright, everything's fine, i reminded myself, holding those words like a prayer in my mind.

i'm free to be whoever i want now.

"thank you," i bowed before the headmaster, my hands reaching for the diploma as he gave it to me.

i was free.

i am free.

the words ringing in my ears.

taking those steps down and going back to a seat, surrounded by strangers i don't know.

i was happy.

happier than i've ever been.

🌷

the last person took their diploma and sat down, everyone stood up and cheered, throwing their hats in the air. if i wasn't so preoccupied with going back to them, i would be doing the same. laughing and smiling at my classmates.

but alas, they do not know me and i do not know them.

going to school was always lonely, i was the outcast. always.

it didn't matter where i went, people never liked me. i tried to become friends with my classmates, but they always kept their distance.

it's strange, the only good relationships i have are with vampires, and it isn't just the thirteen of them; jungkook's friends were so kind when i met them, and changkyun seems like a good person, and jihyo, the few times i've spoken to her she was also so gentle.

"guys!" i appeared next to them with the brightest smile on my face, my hat falling off my head as i jumped to hug mingyu, "congratulations, princess!"

"ahhh, you're finally free!" vernon stood beside mingyu, his hand on the small of my back. the other two, wonwoo and seungcheol, were standing back with the brightest smile on their face.

at that moment i was the happiest person in the world, the only thing i could wish for is to have all of them with me.

-later that day-

"are we going to have dinner at home?" i asked as i got into the backseat of their car.

the ceremony was finally over, the other students all went to an after-party i wasn't invited to, and the parents started to go home. they were all so happy, just like me. but we are still so different.