Chapter 6

Crap.

"Uh, nobody. I have to go now Dream, see you tonight for bedwars!" I disconnected as quickly as I could and dropped my head into my hands.

How could I have been so stupid. I know Dream wouldn't reveal anything to his fans but I should have been more careful. That's the whole reason I was a faceless streamer. To keep Noah safe. If people knew what I looked like they might be able to exploit him if they ever found us.

I could never do that to him, it wouldn't be fair.

The kitten came running into the room, mewling at my feet. I rolled my chair back and picked the kitten up, placing it in my lap. I stroked the kitten absentmindedly for a few minutes before my focus was broken by the front door opening. Sighing, I put my headphones onto the stand, lifted the kitten into my arms and made my way to the front door.

Finn walked in, grasping Noah's hand with one of his own and carrying a bag of cat food with the other.

"Go say hi to Fae while I get some things out of the car." Finn put the food in the kitchen before rushing back out.

I grinned excitedly, my outburst with Dream forgotten. "Come here Noah, I have something to show you!"

Noah came tottering over, his cheeks a bright red as he smiled his signature cheeky grin.

"Look Noah, this is our kitten!" I moved my arms closer to Noah, showing him the furry bundle in my arms.

The kitten lifted its head as Noah reached his hand out towards it. The pink nose met Noah's hand in curiosity.

"Gentle Noah!" He ran his fingers down the kitten's head and giggled. "Its soft!" He exclaimed. I chuckled and watched as Noah went back to stroking.

Finn joined us in the hallway and sat down on the floor next to me. "Got a name yet?" I shook my head.

"I need your help to pick out a cute name for the kitten Noah. What shall we call him?"

Finn took a few seconds to think. "Arlo is cute!"

I tried it out, looking closely at the kitten.

"I like it. Hello Arlo. You try to say it, Noah!"

"Alo!" He cheered excitedly and clapped his hands. The kitten jumped and ran down the hallway, into my bedroom.

"It's okay Noah, you just startled him a bit. Shall we make some tea?"

"About that." Finn said, a sheepish look on his face. "My parents want me to go home for a meal to congratulate my sister on her engagement. She texted me about it and said that mum had mentioned something about 'putting me on the right track again' and now I want to go and cause an argument."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't blame you. Are you coming back afterwards?"

"Of course," he deadpanned.

Noah dropped into my lap, playing with a toy car that he pulled out of his coat pocket. I ran my hands through his hair, twirling my fingers in his cute curls. "I'm streaming tonight, you can sleep in my room if you want, just remember to keep it down when you come in."

He smiled gratefully. "I will Fae, don't worry. I'll go and get ready now so that you can make some food for the little monster."

***

I lowered Noah gently into his crib. He was pretty tired after his bath tonight. He spoke to mum and fell asleep while we watched Lion King again. Arlo had joined us and curled up on Noah's lap, falling asleep pretty soon after. I had taken so many pictures and set a reminder on my phone to print some out for the house.