Chapter 11

Friday 28th October

"Wake up baby, I want to do something with you." I heard her voice whisper in my ear.

I felt something move under me as I shifted to rub the sleep from my eyes.

"Mum? What time is it?" I croaked.

"About 9am, come on get up. You too Finn."

I quickly stood up, realising I was in Finn's lap.

"I'm so sorry Finn, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you!"

He chuckled sleepily, rubbing his thighs. "It's okay Fae, I'll let you buy me a coffee for making my legs numb with your fat arse."

Mum shouted from across the room. "Finley! Noah is here, can you please refrain from using such language!"

"Good morning Noah!" Finn shouted, stretching his limbs, eyes still closed.

Noah gurgled a good morning as he picked up a spoonful of porridge.

The air was lighter than last night, a lot less tension and sadness.

"Make sure you're ready to leave in about an hour, I have a very fun day planned today."

***

moonbeamstreams

❤ 💬 ✈

moonbeamstreams My mum's come to visit me!! Might stream later tonight with momma moonbeam??

View all 872 comments...

tommyinnit you should face reveal to me first because i'm the best

dreamwastaken stream pls

***

"Thanks Finn, these pictures look really good." I said happily, relishing in the sunshine. We were walking into town, mum and Noah walking further ahead while Finn stopped quickly to take some outfit of the day pictures.

Finn nudged my shoulder. "Let's make the most of the time we have left, yeah?"

I smiled, a hint of sadness. "Yeah."

We had caught up to mum and Noah as they had stopped to wait for us.

"What is your job even like?" mum asked, hoisting Noah onto her hip.

"It's crazy mum. I met some people a couple of days ago and they're basically famous on the online community. Speaking of which, would you like to be in a stream tonight?" I said excitedly. I was really pumped about meeting everybody, even after the sadness of last night.

"Sure, what are we doing?"

"I thought we could do a baking stream. I can get ingredients and we can make some chocolate chip cookies." Noah clapped his hands happily and cuddled into mum's neck.

"Sounds good. Now, let's hurry. We have a slot booked and we need to hurry for it."

***

"A pottery factory? Why are we here of all places?"

Mum rolled her eyes at me. "So many questions. We're going to make something pretty! Aren't we Noah?" She said, tickling his belly.

Finn swooped Noah out of my mum's arms and ran towards the front doors.

Mum chuckled, grabbing my hand. "I love you darling. I know I dumped this on you and it wasn't fair. I'm sorry." She wrapped her pinkie around mine, something we've done since I was little. Whenever I was sad or nervous, I would grab my mum's pinkie finger. It was a form of comfort. I still do it to this day, to Noah, Finn and mum.

"I forgive you mum. You did what you had to. I'm intrigued though, why are we here of all places?" I ask, pushing the glass door open.

She just rolled her eyes at me. "Just like your father, ever curious about everything."

***

I picked up a clay vase, inspecting the shape. It was round at the bottom, mostly spheric, and then curved up to make the neck. It was perfect.

Noah was currently painting a little plate, Finn was painting a mug and mum was painting a dog sculpture. I carried the vase over to the table, plonking down in the chair next to Noah.

His painting was as good as any toddler's painting, different coloured lines running in all directions. But to him it meant something.

"Wow Noah, your plate is looking so good. Are you going to use it to eat breakfast?"

"I'm going to have crumpets and jam!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air, his paintbrush leaving a cold, wet trail down my cheek. He didn't notice. Noah went back to his plate and I turned to my own paint palette, picking out a couple of colours that would look good together.

I painted some daisies in a grass field on a beautiful summer day. By the end I was really proud of it. It had taken a while, a couple of hours maybe. Mum and Noah had long since disappeared to get a slice of cake in the cafe.

Finn was sitting opposite me, watching as I completed the finishing touches to my vase.

"We should do something cool with your mum, like maybe on stream? I saw this salt dough handprint thing that we could do."

"I like that idea," I smiled. "We could do that tonight with the cooking stream."

Finn took the vase and gave it to the man that was operating the glaze.

"Thank you love," he said in a gruff voice. "Come back in an hour and it'll be ready for you."

I nodded at the man and dropped a couple of pounds into the tip jar on the counter.

Finn handed me my bag and we left to meet mum and Noah.

***

"So what are we doing?"

We had just got home from our day out, the pieces of pottery had taken place on a shelf in the living room and Finn had Noah napping in his arms.

Mum was with me in the kitchen, packing away the ingredients.

"Finn's already set up the equipment so all I need to do is link the cat cam, sort out the stream overlays and then we'll be nearly ready." I said, walking through to my bedroom. While we were out I bought a face cam. Not for me, for Arlo. The chat wanted a cat cam, the chat got a cat cam. As soon as we got back, I set it up on Arlo's cat tree in my bedroom.

As a faceless streamer, a cooking stream was going to prove harder. We had a camera facing the counter, so that the viewers would be able to see what was happening. We had another camera that was moveable, meaning that we could direct it to show the mixer and the oven when we were cooking things.

I was a little nervous, the idea of accidentally leaking my face or somebody else's infested my mind and it was hard to shake off. I sighed heavily as I sorted out the overlays. The stream background was a galaxy scene, the main camera that pointed to the counter was set up in the top left corner of the display, the bigger picture. On the bottom left corner was a smaller picture for the cat cam. I could already see Arlo jumping around with his little ball in the tree. I put the alerts in the bottom left corner and hovered over the 'go live' button.

Here goes nothing...