Chapter 18

Monday 14th November (13 days later)

"SAPNAP!" I shouted down the microphone as soon as I unmuted.

"MOONY!" He shouted back.

"HELLO SAPNAP!"

He giggled. "HELLO MOONY!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Dream shouted down Sapnap's microphone.

"Sorry Dream," I chuckled.

Sapnap huffed. "I'm not sorry."

***

In the time that had passed since I had told the Dream Team about my mum, they had been incredibly supportive, inviting me to stream and calling me at random parts of the day to check up on me. Wilbur and Nikki had done the same. They obviously knew more about me and I was glad that I had people to talk to.

These sentiments stayed present in my mind as we ran around the bedwars lobby, waiting for the game to start. Dream was sitting with Sapnap, apparently playing games on his phone while we played bedwars. I had offered him a chance to play with us but he was adamant that he was 'okay just watching you guys fail and die every time'.

"Prepare for the best bedwars karaoke of all time!" Sapnap exclaimed.

"What are we starting with?" I said as we ran to the resource spawner.

Heatwaves began to blast through my headphones, and Sapnap's evil cackle followed quickly and earned a groan of exasperation from Dream.

"SOMETIMES ALL I THINK ABOUT IS YOU, LATE NIGHTS IN THE MIDDLE OF JUNE!" Sapnap got really into the song, singing as loud as he could just to annoy his best friend. .

"If you shut up, I will buy you food!" Dream pleaded.

***

"Dream, will you play for me while I go pee?" Sapnap asked as we waited for the game to start.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Pleaaaasssseeeee?"

Dream huffed and there was a little bit of shuffling around before I heard a door shut.

"Hi Moony!" Dream exclaimed.

"Dream! Hello!" I said cheerfully. "It feels like forever since we've spoken!"

Dream laughed. "I literally spoke to you yesterday about Christmas."

"Yeah well it still felt like ages." I huffed, the game starting.

"DREAM YOU BETTER BE WINNING!" I heard Sapnap shout in the background.

"THE GAME LITERALLY JUST STARTED, GET BACK IN HERE OR I WILL TELL MOONY ABOUT THE WAFFLES!"

I laughed. "What's this about waffles?"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DREAM! LET ME PEE IN PEACE!"

"No, no, I want to hear this now!" I protested.

"Nick wanted to make waffles this morning but it didn't work. It went all over Patches and he spent the rest of the morning cleaning the kitchen and giving her a bath." He took a moment for his iconic kettle wheeze before continuing. "She hates water and I took a video of him trying to wrestle her into the tub. I'm gonna send it to you right now."

The notification popped through on discord and watched closely, laughing when Sapnap nearly dropped Patches and his face looked like he had sucked a lemon.

"DREAM! THAT'S NOT FAIR! DON'T SHOW MOONY MY MISTAKES!"

Dream laughed. "Sorry Nick, too late."

All of a sudden there was a squawk and Dream called out. "NICK!"

"What did you do?" I breathed through giggles.

"I threw a pillow at him." He sounded proud of himself as he started moving around again in the game. I had completely forgotten that we were playing but it didn't last very long as somebody came to kill us almost immediately.

***

Tuesday 15th November

Moony 🌜

Hi Nikki! I remember when we first met you said that you would help me with Noah's birthday cake. His birthday is on Thursday and I was wondering if you had some spare time to help?

Nih-ACHOO <3

Oh of course! I can come over this afternoon and my only meeting tomorrow has been cancelled so I don't have anything planned!

Moony 🌜

That is perfect! Thank you so much! I will go shopping to get all of the things and hopefully it will all go well! If you want to, you can stay over the night to save you having to go home and back but it's completely up to you!

***

Moony 🌜

Hey Will! Just a heads up, It's Noah's birthday on Thursday so me and Nikki are baking his cake today and tomorrow, you're free to join us if you want to because I remember you said you wanted to get involved.

Wilby :p

I can't cook to save my life but I can get a stream out of it, when can I come over?

Moony 🌜

Nikki's coming over this afternoon, at around 2pm, feel free to come then!

***

"Hey Nikki!" I exclaimed as I opened the front door.

"Fae! Hello!" She smiled and pulled me in for a hug. "I can't tell you how excited I am! I love baking cakes like this! It's so cool!"

"Thank you so much for coming to help! I know we've only known each other for a couple of weeks but Noah is already so comfortable with you and Wilbur!"

"Speaking of the birthday boy, where is he?"

"He's with Finn at the moment, they're going to stay at a farm overnight. Thought it would be a good way to get him out of the house."

A loud knock sounded at the door, making me jump.

Nikki turned around to open it, immediately triggering a shout from Wilbur, who was standing in the door frame in a winter jacket, carrying a simple shopping bag.

"Where's my baby best friend?" He asked, not even waiting to take his shoes off.

"He's out with Finn on a birthday trip until tomorrow afternoon."

His face dropped. "You mean I'm here for absolutely nothing?"

I faltered. "Oh, well I can call you when he gets home if you don't want to stay?"

"I'm only joking little fairy, I'm here to help bake a killer birthday cake so lets get on with it! Why are we having a mothers meeting in the hallway? Come on!!"

Hello everybody. Obviously today is a very sombre day for all of the Technoblade fans and supporters. My heart goes out to everybody. I know that he has done so much for me and so many other people. If anybody wants somebody to talk to, my dms are always open the_bi_fangirl on tiktok or rosesfortommy on instagram. Hug your loved ones and make sure you look after yourselves <3