Prologue

I Do Not support or promote self harm, bullying, victim blaming, child marriage, abuse or any other negativity you might find in this book.

This book is for awareness of such topics and describes its Negative effects.

____________________________________

Meher's POV,
I love playing hide and seek with Zoya, we always do everything together. She's my best friend in the whole wide world. Today too, like always we were playing after finishing our homework. I could hear Mumma calling me but I didn't wanted to go, I wanted to play more. So I hid myself behind the bushes as Mumma came to get me.

"What are you still doing in here? Didn't you hear me calling you, you stupid girl?" She yelled with her hands on her hips.

"Aw...aw... Mumma it hurts...." I winced as she twisted my ear and started dragging me back to the house.

"Then you should've listened to me." She hit my head.

"Sorry." I looked down.

"Now stop playing and come get ready for the wedding." She said.

"Wedding? Who's wedding are we going to?" I asked her confused.

"Yours!" She snapped and took me to the room.

Oh yes, I totally forgot, today was getting married.
She made me do the wadu (ablution), dressed me up in a new dress, gave a heavy red chundri on my head and made me sit on a chair in the middle of the room. My Khala and Khalu (maternal aunt and uncle) were there too and so were Zoya's parents. Daddy was there too, smiling with tears. Mumma gestured me to keep my head down and pulled the chundri down my face covering my eyes and Maulana sahab (Islamic priest) came and handed me the Qur'an.

###
A few days back,

My Daddy and Akram uncle were talking to eachother and unknowingly I overheard thier conversation.

"Ismail, you know I love your daughter as my own right and I'll always want the best for her?" Akram uncle said.

"Ofcourse I know yaara (my friend)." Daddy said smiling.

"I only have 1 son and I always dreamed of having a daughter but that wasn't possible. When I look at Meher, I feel as if she's my own. She's not my blood but I would like to make her a part of my family."

I watched as Daddy's face lit up.
"Akram, do you really mean..."

"I wish to make Meher my daughter in law. Wouldn't you agree to that?"

"Of course...you have no idea how happy you've made me! My daughter marrying my bestfriends son... what can be better than this? Meher and Azlaan will make an excellent couple." Daddy said soo excitedly and when he caught me peeking, he called me out.

"Assalamualaikum Akram uncle." I said meekly.

"Walaikum assalam beta. Tell me, how would you like to marry Azlaan? You have been friends since you were little kids." He asked in his gentle tone like always.

I looked at daddy and then at him,
"He teases me and pulls my braid. I don't like him." I complained pouting.

They both laughed.
"You know, this little hatred doesn't take much time to turn into love." He said.

Love? I've always wondered what it is. I'd always imagined that my husband would be just like my daddy. Azlaan is totally the opposite, but still I really liked him. I liked to play with him and fight with him. It was fun. If I marry him I can play with him every day. It would be nice, wouldn't it? But, isn't he like a brother to me? Mumma once, told me that we cannot marry our brothers.