fourteen

Trigger warning ⚠️
Please read author's note at the end. 🥺
_______________________________

A

zlaan's POV,
The first bench on the class was empty and there was no sign of Meher anywhere in college....4 days in a row. Her screams were still ringing in my ears. Fuck! Even though she wasn't around me, she was still annoying.

"Miss Zoya." I called out to her friend as I found her after college in the corridor.

"Yes sir?" She walked towards me.

I cleared my throat trying to shake off the uneasiness.
"Where's...uh... where's your friend? She didn't come to college again."

"Um...you mean Meher?"

"Hm"

"I don't know. We haven't been in touch lately. I'll check on her." She said.
"Please don't worry."

"I'm not worried!" I snapped heatedly making her finch.
"And aren't you two neighbours?"

"Um...yes. I live in the opposite block. I'll visit her today." She said with her head down.

"Hm...you may leave."

She nodded and left with her friends. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen her much with anyone else, not even Zoya, but she's always around that.... Imraan.

Imraan's POV,
"The person you're trying to reach, is not answering. Please try again later....jis wyakti ko aap...."

I disconnected the call again as by now I was tired of hearing the same record again and again, sitting in the canteen. Why isn't Meher answering my call? She didn't even come to college for 4 days! She never does that. She's soo keen on her attendance. Is she ok or did she go on a trip? She has also been ignoring me for a while now and it's been making me uneasy.

Should I visit her home?
No that won't be appropriate. Her brother knows me but wasn't he in Pune? Did she go there too? She doesn't even have much friends I could ask.

Wait, there's her friend Zoya she always talks about. Now, where can I find her?
I thought walking through the second floor corridor and when I looked down, she was already exiting the gate. I sighed. There was no way I could catch up to her.

I sank my arms and head leaning on the edge of the wall in disdain.

Where are you Meher? I want to see you again.

####
Meher's POV,
My fever's down today finally but now I was vomiting my guts out. Could I be pregnant?
No! Could something soo painful and forced lead to pregnancy.

Mumma rubbed my back holding my forehead as I could hardly stand leaning on the wash basin. My insides felt like they were knotting.

"Mumma....am I... pregnant?" I questioned weakly.

"Maybe not. Don't you remember you have acidity problem. You haven't eaten properly for days. Your vomit is yellow and bitter right?"

"Hm."

"Come now. Take a Dompan on empty stomach first. I've made some porridge. Eat it all after that. No arguments!" She scolded softly and helped me to my bed and went again to the bathroom to clean my mess not before handing me water n that huge tablet.

I swallowed the big bitter pill with difficulty almost gagging but Alhamdulillah, it went in. I hate that tablet.

Just then, I heard the doorbell and fear arose in me making my blood run cold.