fifteen

Imraan's POV,
I threw my bag on the desk and sank on my seat. The same routine continues yet again, and again we follow it like machines without complaints. And again I look at my right, finding the desk....empty!
She didn't come today either. I sighed pointlessly taking out my phone to call her knowing well she won't answer and as expected, her phone was switched off.

I pushed my phone in my bag frustrated.

"Imraan miya, aap ka top floor kuch zyada hi garam hai aaj." (Your top floor is hotter today. Means he's angry)
Hanzala commented looking at me and I shot him a look as I was in no mood of jokes.

Damnit! It's been a week. Where is this girl? Now, I don't care anymore. I'm going to her house after college. I've already got the address from the students register in the library.

Prof Sana was taking the first lecture of economics switching it with Prof Azlaan and I was already bored. Just then, my eyes widened as She was standing at the door clutching at the belts of her bags.

"Miss Qadri, you're late. Take your seat quickly."

"Sorry ma'am." She said meekly and took her seat.

I didn't know what to say or what to do as I just gaped at her and that pricking emptiness that I was feeling the whole week was disappearing bit by bit as I was watching her to my heart's content. However, I was worried if she'd ignore me again but to my surprise, she looked in my direction grinning from ear to ear and I noticed she was even chewing a gum.

I blinked at her.
Since when did Meher become soo brave enough to defy class rules?

Also, she looked different. Her hair wasn't in her usual long braid but tied up in a messy bun making her look cuter. She was wearing a long sleeve black shrug over her white kurta and no duppatta. Her body language too was different. She was looking straight ahead resting her chin in both her hands instead of keeping her head down . Then she did the most unexpected thing I never imagined Meher Qadri to do.

When the Prof turned to write the points on the board, she literally took out the gum from between her teeth and stuck it below her desk.

"What the...."

"Yes Mr Malik, do you have the question?" Prof Sana looked at me.

Oops! I didn't realise that I said it out loud.

"Um....yes, what will be the position of the demand curve in this law?"

Shit! I said something so random not even being able to comprehend if it would make any sense.

"Good question....you see...." She started explaining while I pretended to pay attention. Heck, how could I even pay attention when I was finally seeing Meher after she went MIA for soo long and now she's acting soo.....um....not like Meher?!

After the 3rd lecture, as soon as ma'am left the class and the break started, I looked at Meher and she was busy packing her bag in a haste. She caught me staring at her and waved at me swinging the bag over her shoulder, gesturing me with her head and thumb to follow her outside. To say that I was confused was an understatement. Still, I took my bag too and followed her outside.

"Hi!" She smiled.

I frowned pretending to be mad.
"Do we know eachother?" I crossed my arms and she winced.

"You're still mad?"

"Take a wild guess." I challenged her.

"That would be yes." She wrinkled her nose and I lost it at her cuteness as I chuckled.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't well actually and was having mood swings....so, I was ignoring you. But, I won't do that anymore. I promise Imraan. You're someone precious to me I don't want to lose."