twenty two

Imraan's POV,
"Why does our bro looks a squeezed out lemon?"

"Because he got dumped."

"Ouch "

"Shh...shut up! You're making it worst."

My buddies were whispering as I sat in the class with my head on the desk.

I can never love you Imraan!

Why would she say that? Why not give me just one chance? Is she afraid of something? Well, I understand her parents are strict but, I could court her. My parents can talk to her parents. Why can't she understand how serious I am about her?!

Oh Meher! What can I do to make you believe?????

"Imraan, dude! Don't sulk soo much. Tell you what, there are soo many other beautiful girls in the college especially in the arts department. Forget about Meher and let us hook you up with someone better so that you can forget about her. What's soo good about her anyways?!"

I glared at Hanzala and he flinched raising both his hands up in defense. Someday, I'm really going to punch him half to death.
"Even you think my feelings for Meher are that fleeting that any random girl could change them? I don't care how many beautiful girls you bring in front of me because for me My Meher is the most beautiful girl in the world. She's not an object to be replaced and if you spur such stupidity from your mouth one more time Hanzala.... I swear I'll break your jaw!" I warned him.

"Wow! You really are serious huh!"

I said nothing. They wouldn't understand even if I say anything and I clearly didn't had the energy to argue further either. My heart was already in pain to think or do anything else.

My other buddy slammed his hand on my desk startling me.
"If you care about her soo much then why did you back off in the first place?!
She said she can't love you and you came back swinging your arms and crying a river huh? Are you even a man?!"

"I'm not forcing my feelings on her!" I grunted.

"No one's asking you to force or manipulate her. However, you can atleast strive for her love! If you love her soo much then stop moping around and get your ass up. Start new and take it slow. Make her slowly fall in love with you. Win her heart with your compassion towards her, show her your charm. Where's the Imraan Malik we know? Be a man you asshole! Or are you like those fuck boys who want to get a girl so they act all sweet and once they bang her, they throw her away."

"Shut the fuck up! I would never do that to my Meher or any other girl!" I yelled grabbing his collar as his stupid words enraged me. Those soo called men play with many innocent women like that and ruin the reputation of the entire Male population. Such guys must be castrated. Bloody scum!

Then it clicked me...
The day of the fresher's party! Someone did something bad to her. Is it because of that, that she's traumatised?!

Who did that to her, we never found out. The fear in her eyes when I confessed to her. Oh God! So that's the case?

I let go of his collar straightening it for him sheepishly as he raised an eyebrow at me. Then I got up off my seat.
"Thanks bro... you're right. I shouldn't give up like this. I should try harder and take it slower so that I can win her heart.'' I smiled as hope sprung in me and grabbing my bag, I darted out the door to find my Meher.

####

Azlaan's POV,
How could I not control my desires? Meher was here to talk to me but I again did the same! I again forced myself on her and....now she wants a divorce. Huh! It's soo ironic. There was a time when I was threatening her with it and now she's demanding it because I couldn't be a good husband! Heck I couldn't even be a man!