EPILOGUE part 1

Meher's POV,
A school is a second home for children and teachers play the part of nurturing them into people that they become and get them ready for the society. Sometimes, a single word or statement from them can have a huge impact on the entire wellbeing of a student. They are someone who can make or break a student. Am I right?

That's why they need to be kind and gentle... someone who can treat all the children equally and make them feel at home. However, do all the teachers really do that?

Social status, jealousy, family problems, etc etc...can have a huge impact on a person's mind and personality. Of course, teachers are human to, so no matter what facade they try to uphold, it's normal to crumble down every once in a while.

We humans have this tendancy to take out our anger on anyone weaker or younger than us because we're well aware they won't dare to talk back and then apologizing to them later...hurts our ego and by the time we realise our faults... it's too late.

Sometimes they think inducing fear in students can make them learn efficiently but they don't realise what effect it can have on a young mind's mental health.

Something like that happened with me too. As a child, I was quite the talkative one but... wasn't that bright in studies. No one left without a smile on their faces when they met me and I had a lot of friends. Girls and boys alike. However, I guess, my teachers thought otherwise.

The way I was, they thought I was dragging down the other kids and distracting them from their studies. So they told the kids to stay away from me and told their parents to explain their kids the same. Everyone started ignoring me and watching me indifferently, except Zoya.
She was one of the toppers and she even helped me in my studies.

Mumma was very strict with me too and whenever I got less marks she used to hit me a lot and I used to cry alone many times. I felt lonely but playing with Zoya made me forget all that. Soon, I got married but my husband left me the very next day and I felt lonely again. Mumma began teaching me household chores too and I became busy in those not being able to go out and play much. I need to learn the responsibility of a married girl and be ready when my inlaws come back, she would say. Years passed slowly and I began feeling I was different from everyone. It became harder to me to talk to people and everyone started ignoring me too because they thought I was weird. A time came when I only had one friend.

My teenage was the most difficult time for me. I could hardly even make eye contact with other. When all the other students did their everything to be friendly with teachers and become their pets, I was soo timid and shy that I kept running away and soo they thought I was rude and arrogant. The problems back home about my inlaws and some money matters made it worst and I became too afraid to speak to people as it made me more anxious. There even came a point when just thinking about talking to people made me soo anxious that I couldn't breathe.

Everyone thought I was stupid yet arrogant yet, no one ever tried to talk to me to figure out why I acted like that. Whenever Zoya or any other student acted differently or was quite, the teachers would call them privately and ask them sweetly why they were soo upset but even if I went without speaking a single word in class for days, no one gave me a warm smile or tried to understand or ask me why I was like that. That's because everyone had branded me as the rude arrogant brat who was too full of herself to speak to anyone.

I couldn't even cry to show my pain so always kept a poker face and everyone started making fun of me. Along the way, I even forget how to smile and had to practice in the mirror but it still was ugly. I felt pathetic and useless and everyone else thought the same.