『 Chapter ☆ 3: The Journey Begins 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

~ ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top! Recommend that you put the song on loop if possible if not, you're just gonna have to scroll back up when the song stops playing**

(For reference, (Y/n)'s height is 165cm (5'5") because it's a happy inbetween in my opinion for a female's height. I decided to come up with a specific height for her because it makes it easier in my writing process, especially with the way I describe things. I also want the story to flow as much as possible despite it being an x reader. I apologize if you're put off by some of the males being shorter than you but I didn't want to make (Y/n) really really short because that would be unfair to people who are taller. The heights I'm going with are the ones that can be found on thegamer.com because Genshin of course, doesn't exactly display height and ages as part of their character profiles. I may be adjusting the ages of some characters but their height, I'm not.)

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

   "Like (Y/n) said earlier, starting your search in Mondstadt — the City of Freedom — is a good idea. Paimon doesn't know if this god you're looking for is the Anemo Archon, but Paimon was thinking...because you're an outlander Aether, maybe touching the statue of Barbatos might do something?" The blue eyed pixie explains as she lets go of me and our male companion.
   "Statues like this one are scattered all over Teyvat." I say, gesturing towards it with my (d/h) hand. "Here, they're all fashioned in the Lord of Anemo's image. Elsewhere, they take the appearance of another one of the seven." I elaborate further as the blond looks eagerly at the small girl.
    "Do you really think that will work Paimon? I'll give it a shot then." The male responds. With a look of determination, he reaches out, pressing his palm to the scuffed golden band on its weathered stone surface.

   To my surprise, the sphere in the statue's hands glows a beautiful sea foam green as a ball of condensed anemo energy floats towards Aether. Phasing through the male's body, the white jewels adorning his armour, earring and at the end of his scarf and cape begin to glow with the same soft colour.
   "Wow...It really did work!" The white haired girl exclaims, squealing in delight. "Most people could never get powers as easily as you did Aether. You really are amazing!"
   "I have to agree with Paimon on that one, You truly are an enigma." I add. A fond look on my face as the three of us revel in Aether's excitement.

   "Now that I have powers, I'm definitely going to check them out." The golden eyed male replies as he turns with haste towards a group of hydro slimes at the edge of the lake. Their sudden appearance is likely due to the surge in elemental energy from the blond receiving Barbatos's blessing.
   "Feel the power flowing through your body and say whatever words come to mind. They're often necessary when you first gain your powers. However, after that, you don't need to say them every time you wish to use magic." I tell the male who gives me a nod in response. "Visions are an extenstension of your being. The way your power chooses to manifest will reflect your character. It's not impossible to manifest your powers in ways not based off your ideals and temperament. For example, someone naturally suited towards the arts of healing can learn how to harness their powers for combat purposes instead. However, it won't be as comfortable, nor will the power ever reach the strength of your natural manifestation. Because of that fact, most people choose to go with their soul manifestation. While you may not have a vision, I believe that this fact should still apply to you." I tell the blond as his sword appears in his hand.
   "Now I can use that interdenominational subspace to store my items just like you (Y/n)!" Aether exclaims with joy before thanking the two of us for our suggestions.